Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Please give US the Option to ARCHIVE our games and not just archive them for us

Edited 1701169970
I just opened this game and wondered at first, why it needed to be recovered. After extiting the game, I saw why: It would be nice if we'd get the OPTION to ARCHIVE games ourselves. This game was in my list of games and I selected it as per usual... And with archiving a game, it should disappear from the normal games list as there should be a second list for archived games...
Gold
Forum Champion
I was surprised too the first time I saw that, and looked into the "Why".  Roll20 is doing Cold Storage automatically now (as of recently) ONLY for games that has not been Launched in a long time.  Cold Storage isn't the same purpose as archiving,  it's just storing your game data somewhere other than the (fast, expensive, in-demand) Firebase. I believe this ultimately helps everyone who's on Roll20 (in not ballooning costs needlessly, and helpng avoid potential slowdowns).  Archiving games at the will of the game creator would be in-addition-to Cold Storage. Your suggestion for a Roll20 feature to allow GM-selected Archiving of Games is good, but it would not be a replacement for Cold Storage which is an excellent new Roll20 feature how it is today. 
I know, what you mean. I'd like to see a feature, that allows us to archive our games and with that remove it from the active games list... I often use BASE games where I create all the maps / characters etc. in and just copy the game, rename it etc. And those Base games I'd like to archive and just unarchive them when needed...^^ Gold said: I was surprised too the first time I saw that, and looked into the "Why".  Roll20 is doing Cold Storage automatically now (as of recently) ONLY for games that has not been Launched in a long time.  Cold Storage isn't the same purpose as archiving,  it's just storing your game data somewhere other than the (fast, expensive, in-demand) Firebase. I believe this ultimately helps everyone who's on Roll20 (in not ballooning costs needlessly, and helpng avoid potential slowdowns).  Archiving games at the will of the game creator would be in-addition-to Cold Storage. Your suggestion for a Roll20 feature to allow GM-selected Archiving of Games is good, but it would not be a replacement for Cold Storage which is an excellent new Roll20 feature how it is today. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .