Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

X to exit from handouts and character sheets has gone invisible.

I noticed in my game tonight that when I open a handout, the X that used to be in the top right corner to close that handout is invisible.   This was true in both Dark Mode and Light Mode (see picture)  This affected both Character Sheets and Handouts.   I can still pop the handout out to a separate Window, and the X shows up there in that window to close, as normal.   I first noticed it in a Blades in the Dark game, as Creator/GM.  But I later opened a Pathfinder 2E game I am a player in, and the issue was the same there.  As I said though, the X was Invisible.  But the function of it was still there.  When I hover my mouse cursor over that spot,  it changes from the 'four arrows' (used to move the Handout around the VTT), to a hand with one finger out.  Clicking on that spot closed the handout.   So, the work-around is obvious, you just click on the spot anyway, even though there is no Visible indicator of the function.   Obviously, this could throw folks off for a while, as it did me.  I am also curious if this is a unique experience, or have others noted it as well.   This bug was experience in Google Chrome, running Windows 10 Pro.   Bug first noticed with Stylus extension enabled, but few actual Stylus settings used.  Disabled Stylus, reloaded page, and issue was still present.   Bug first noticed under UI redesign.  Redesign disabled,  page reloaded, issue was still present.  
Gauss
Forum Champion
I also experienced this today. I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center . 
Hey there -- is this still happening for you as of right now? And if so, what happens if you try and go to this URL directly?&nbsp; <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/css/themes/bootstrap/images/ui-icons_222222_256x240.png" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/css/themes/bootstrap/images/ui-icons_222222_256x240.png</a>
This is happening to me as well. I get the following message "This check is taking longer than expected refresh if the issue persists."&nbsp; I did a speed test and im on 200mbps for both down and up.&nbsp;
Same issue with the X to close the turn order settings.
I checked on this just now (1/14/24&nbsp; 12 pm CST), and the X is no longer Invisible.&nbsp; Same computer as before,&nbsp; still in Chrome,&nbsp; Checked with UI redesign on and off,&nbsp; Dark Mode on and Off, and in a game I own, and one where I am just a player.&nbsp;&nbsp; X was visible in all cases.&nbsp;&nbsp; I followed the link that Riley D posted, and here is a screen cap of what I saw.&nbsp; This was after I had tested again today.&nbsp;&nbsp;