Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Sheet by Roll20 - Attributes going missing

Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Some attributes I've added to characters keep going missing and need to be readded. Is there a limit to how many they can have, or some other rule I'm not tracking?

Edited 1705535727
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Essen,  Thanks for stating up front the character sheet you are using. Saves a lot of time. :) There is no reason Attributes are going missing that I am aware of. However, they can move around I've noticed. I suggest doing a Ctrl+F to find the attribute name and make sure it hasn't wandered.  What are the attribute names and their contents?  Are you using any Mods (API Scripts) that might be altering Attributes? Some of them can delete them.  Are you using any Extensions? 
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
No extensions, but I am using Mods/API. They're not moving, because I get an error when ScriptCards goes to read them, saying that that character doesn't have those attributes. I've been using ChatSetAttr to add them, since it's faster than hitting the button manually. I made an ammo tracking macro and got the whole party set up, then when I tested a change I made, some characters were missing some.  Since I had tested it before and it worked, there's no reason it would suddenly stop having those attributes.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you please verify that the attributes are in fact being created, and then are going missing?  Ie: Go to the Attributes and Abilities tab and visually verify they are created, then verify when they go missing?  This may be an API issue of some kind. You might consider reposting in that forum. 
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have gone through and verified that things are 100% on the characters. If I get the error again, I'll report it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To verify this isn't a lazy loading issue, try opening and closing the affected characters, and then run your ScriptCard macro again. If it works, then the attributes are there, they just aren't being recognized.
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Ah, okay. I didn't realize that was a possibility.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Please post back if that turns out to be the issue. So far, I've only seen one case.