Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't delete certain characters from game

I've recently encountered an issue where certain characters in a game of mine are bugged and can't be deleted. The "Delete Item" button from the right-click context menu in the journal is replaced with "Remove From Game" which doesn't do anything when I click it. The delete button in the character edit view has the extra text "This will also delete it from My Characters" and also doesn't seem to work. I haven't exported any of these characters from the game. Has anyone encountered this issue/know how to fix it? I've tried to include images explaining the issue but I get an error when I try to post them.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi MatutinaStella,  I suggest filing a report with the Devs via the Help Center .  Regarding the images, how are you trying to post them? Could you provide steps? 

Edited 1706481355
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Experiencing this currently. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11774755/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/11774755/</a> I think it's a Roll20 Characters bug...?&nbsp; Not sure.&nbsp; I'll post to the help desk.
MatutinaStella said: I've recently encountered an issue where certain characters in a game of mine are bugged and can't be deleted. The "Delete Item" button from the right-click context menu in the journal is replaced with "Remove From Game" which doesn't do anything when I click it. The delete button in the character edit view has the extra text "This will also delete it from My Characters" and also doesn't seem to work. I haven't exported any of these characters from the game. Has anyone encountered this issue/know how to fix it? I've tried to include images explaining the issue but I get an error when I try to post them. Hey Matutina, The "Remove from Game" shows up when you're the GM of a game and someone added a character to the game. GMs don't have permission to DELETE other people's characters, but they can remove them from the game. However, you mentioned that you can't currently remove it either. So that's totally a bug! I tried it our myself on my games and it seems to work fine which leads me to believe that there's something else going on that's messing this up for you. We probably need to troubleshoot with you a little bit to figure out what the exact steps are to reproduce the issue. The easiest and safest way to do that would be for you to contact support and they can ask you for other pieces of information that will help us get to the bottom of what's happening. Thanks for reporting this and I'll keep an eye out for your ticket to come through!
Thanks for the replies everyone, I'll submit a ticket and reply when it gets sorted out!
Hello I am also experiencing this issue as well&nbsp;

Edited 1707010210
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi NOJ222,&nbsp; Please file a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center so that they can better track the issue.&nbsp; NOJ222 said: Hello I am also experiencing this issue as well&nbsp;
An update: R20 support fixed the issue by manually deleting the characters from my game, but couldn't identify the root cause. If this happens to you, submit a ticket and they'll sort it out.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Still waiting for an official patch/fix...
Shouldn't this be fixed by now? Thought they implemented and pushed a hotfix for this...
I had this problem previously (but had not bothered to look up the issue till now), but the issue seems to have been resolved. I can now 'remove from game' and the character is indeed removed.&nbsp; If, as previous poster has said, a hotfix has been applied I would suggest to anyone who had this issue to try again to see if has been resolved for you.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I have one (as seen in the clip above) that has just gotten "stuck".&nbsp; I have other characters that I transmogrified into the game similarly that I have been able to remove, so it may just be a glitch with this particular character.&nbsp; Not sure.