Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Tec Selection is NOT saved and No reload after changing

NOTE: I am only Co-GM in this campaign. I logged into the campaign a few moments ago and saw, that my avatar was not there... So - in order to fix this - I decided to switch the Chat-Tec to NONE. What I'd expect: Site reloads, Avatar visible. What actually happens: Nothing! No reload or anything like it. Reloading the page itself and taking a look at the setting showed, that it was never changed... It still says "Integrated Voice & Video"... Avatars not being displayed is a thing more recently as it occures more often than before. But not being able to change Chat-Tec is a new one for me. And since I am a about to run that game for a group of players, I do like to see who is online / connected and who is not!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Co-GMs currently do not have the ability to switch Chat Tech. This is a known design element. There have been reports of this to the Devs before, but perhaps you can remind them via a Help Center request.  I do not know if this is a bug or if it is intentional and the Devs haven't gotten around to removing the interface for Co-GMs. 
Gauss said: Co-GMs currently do not have the ability to switch Chat Tech. This is a known design element. There have been reports of this to the Devs before, but perhaps you can remind them via a Help Center request.  I do not know if this is a bug or if it is intentional and the Devs haven't gotten around to removing the interface for Co-GMs.  I thought that much... Have the devs said somehting about Avatars not being displayed sometimes? This is - still - an issue (BUG) and was introduced with "Integrated Voice & Video"... Only Workaround so far is to switch Chat-Tec... So basically as a Co-GM you are screwed in this case as you are not able to "fix" this with the simplest workaround there is...

Edited 1707762092
Gauss
Forum Champion
I am not familiar with Avatars not being displayed (I turn mine off). Do you have a screenshot?
Gauss said: I am not familiar with Avatars not being displayed (I turn mine off). Do you have a screenshot? Of course: Avatar is set to "Small", but as you can see, there are not even Names of myself and / or my Players! And this is just ONE of my campaigns. In one other, where I am owner and GM, this happens from time to time, too! But switching Chat Tec fixes this... And this "BUG" was first introduced with the "Integrated Voice & Video" Chat Tec!

Edited 1707806239
Gauss
Forum Champion
Interesting, I don't think I've seen that before. But, I don't use Roll20's audio or video. In the Audio & Video settings I suggest switching to None and then back to Integrated.  If that doesn't work then I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center . 

Edited 1707807444
Gauss said: Interesting, I don't think I've seen that before. But, I don't use Roll20's audio or video. In the Audio & Video settings I suggest switching to None and then back to Integrated.  If that doesn't work then I suggest filing a bug report with the Devs via the Help Center .  Remember the title of that thread? And my First Post / your first answer? I am CO-GM and changing that does not work as nothing happens... THIS was the MAIN REASON for me opening this thread...^^ I filed a bug report for this and also mentioned this thread, BUT the answer I got was that it is because I am only Co-GM which I already knew. And it does NOT solve the Problem of the Avatars not being displayed... ^^ If it was not for that, I'd not have opened this thread at all!

Edited 1707809196
Gauss
Forum Champion
You moved the goalposts when you said that this also happens in your own campaigns where you are not co-GM.  I suggest troubleshooting that element as I stated above. 

Edited 1707811206
Gauss said: You moved the goalposts when you said that this also happens in your own campaigns where you are not co-GM.  I suggest troubleshooting that element as I stated above.  To be honest, I don't understand why you posted the thread on an issue that no users can help you with, and that you already filed with the Devs.  Cause as of posting this thread I did not know that changing Chat Tec is not possible if you are just Co-GM as it is selectable in the settings menu... And I also wrote that every time this happens in my campaigns (gladly not that often), I fix it by just switching... A way to fix this would simply be to "restore" that function even for Co-GMs... At least until the underlying Problem of Avatars not being displayed is finally fixed...
Gauss
Forum Champion
I had misread your comment about when you filed the bug report, my apologies. I had deleted that third line but not before you replied. 
Can you communicate this to the devs so that they have a closer look at this? (and the temporary workaround of enabling Chat Tec switching for Co-GMs) THX