Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can't edit Wiki

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not sure where to report this, but I cannot edit the wiki any more . I used to be able to, but now when I try to edit, I get this message: You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason: The action you have requested is limited to users in one of the groups: s , contributors, twitchcontributor. This happens on any page, including ones I created. What is going on, and how do I fix this?
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi GiGs,  I (and others) are seeing this as well, it appears to be a login problem. The Devs have been informed and are working on the issue. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks, Gauss. Let's hope they sort it out quickly.
I am also having an issue where I cannot edit the main page I'm accustomed to editing:  the wiki for Scriptcards.  There are no edit links anywhere, and when I attempt to login, it tells me that my password is incorrect even though I've verified the password stored in my browser has not changed.  This started for me on Mar-3 or Mar-4.  I am usually making edits daily, and my last edit was Mar-3.  I'd appreciate being on the bandwagon of receiving support for this.  Please let me know if I should file a separate incident or if tagging on here is sufficiently shouting for help. :)  Thanks!
Are others still having trouble with this? I'm seeing some recent wiki edits but I'm still having login problems. I'm wondering if they just happened to still be logged in from before this issue arose.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think everyone gets logged out periodically? There has been no announcement of a fix.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
When I go to the Special Pages section and try to reset my password, I get a PHP error about a problem with the mail module.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm shocked that this is still an issue after so long. What's going on?
Hey folks, sorry for the delay on this -- we are pretty hands-off on the wiki as all of our official documentation now lives on the Help Center, so this took a bit of hunting down to find the problem. At this point, we know what the issue is; it will require a bit of doing on our part to resolve it, but hopefully should be fixed within a few days.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
All right, thanks for the update. It's really appreciated when we see Roll20 staff responses, even if there's no progress. And even better when there is progress!
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Has there been any progress on this? I get a bit apprehensive that there's just something wrong with me trying to log in, rather than it still being broken.
Stephen C.
Pro
Sheet Author
Any idea on when this will be fixed?

Edited 1712671458
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It shouldnt still be ongoing. Why isn't it fixed? I I'm starting to wonder if it would be better to set the wiki up elsewhere, if Roll20 can't be trusted to maintain it properly.
Hey all -- Unfortunately the fix wasn't quite as easy as we hoped, but we have narrowed down getting that fix working correctly.   We should have a resolution today or sometime this weekend.
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Just circling back on this. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I still can't edit the Wiki.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kurt J. said: Just circling back on this. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I still can't edit the Wiki. Same here. It's not you.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's odd that I seem to be the only one who can edit the wiki currently (at least on my Windows 10/Firefox), and it doesn't seem to be linked to me having wiki admin role. I made my dummy account wiki admin temporally, but that didn't help even when trying to login with other browser or incognito mode. Maybe I have some freak luck of having cookies from just the right time that kept/regained my access? I lost wiki editing access like everyone else when this first came up, but on March 23rd noticed I was able to edit the wiki again, so thought it was fixed, but apparently not. If someone has something important & simple they want updated to the wiki, you can message me with the stuff you want added, and link me on what page/where it should go. Won't promise I'll do everything sent my way nor quickly, but during this week I happen to have more free time and spending it on Roll20 (planning a game and gonna try out the Discord Activity).
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe I can still edit as well. Last checked a few weeks ago.

Edited 1714496024
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the generous offer, Andreas. That's not really a practical solution, long-term. Right now I can't even edit pages I created. The Roll20 devs have promised multiple times that this would be quickly fixed - why is it still an issue? Will it be fixed?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah, was a short term offer for anything "important", not expecting to spend too much time on it. Today they are rolling out the Discord Activity, doubt wiki is on their mind today.

Edited 1714502552
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: Today they are rolling out the Discord Activity, doubt wiki is on their mind today. It might not be on their mind today, but it's about 7 weeks since this thread was started, and 18 days since Jeff L said a fix would be up "today or sometime this weekend". By this point, they deserve no allowances for whatever else they might be doing. They have had plenty of opportuites. They claimed they knew what needed to be done, they should have it done.