Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map crashing and going blank

Edited 1711907232
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi there. The last two weeks, my game will crash and go blank while DMing. I am on Chrome with hardware acceleration on, and my drivers are all up to date. While the images all disappear, the token names and HP bars are still present. It only happens to me, not my players, and refreshing fixes it. But the fact that it's a new occurrence is troubling. Is anyone else having this issue? Is this a side effect of Jumpgate coming out? My game hasn't been imported to Jumpgate, but maybe the resource shift has done something. I'm hoping it's not something local I need to identify, because I have no clear indicators.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Essen! I have not encountered this behavior. When it happens, are you working on an unusually large page size?
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I wouldn't say it's unusually large, ~35x40. <a href="https://www.youtube.com/live/WT9X0ELfcVY?si=0AeTfY-B871K6HYO&amp;t=7794" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/live/WT9X0ELfcVY?si=0AeTfY-B871K6HYO&amp;t=7794</a> There's a clip of it happening.
I have this happen very occasionally but on Firefox. Also, the entire browser (including the address bar and tabs) will go black. The only way to fix it is to bring up Task Manager and close the Firefox program. This is even rarer but it has made me switch back to Chrome and haven't had issues since (fingers crossed).
Essen
Pro
Marketplace Creator
My issue is just the map. I can still scroll around, but the images are all unloaded. I haven’t tried going to other sites, since a quick refresh fixes it. But I’ll try that next time, if there is one.