Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Signal to noise ratio improvement for my minority.

First Suggestion: tl;dr version: "Segregation." long version: A separate community forum looking for group category for fantasy genre games on one hand, and everything else on the other.  So the maybe 10% minority of role20 users who are not into the fantasy genre can more efficiently find campaigns or players by only having to read through a smaller more concentrated collection of topics. If this segregation were trivial to add I would like to instead suggest breaking the looking for group category down even further possibly by system, possibly: Dungeons and Dragons Fourth Edition Pathfinder Other Campaigns in the Fantasy Genre including, older D&D editions, D&D Derivatives, and all manner of quasi-fantasy genre campaigns Other Genres This suggested break down and division of the hobby is based on something I remember hearing second or third hand about the philosophy behind the initial design of Pathfinder and fourth edition.  The rumor goes that the creator of pathfinder was giving and interview and the gist I heard through the grapevine of what he said was that D&D 3.5 was deeply and numerously flawed, so the two teams, the pathfinder team and the fourth edition team, sat down and made a list of everything that was wrong with 3.5 that they thought they could fix, and comparing these lists the two lists are an awfully lot alike.  Then math happened.  One hand you have this list of problems fixed one way, and get the one system, on the other hand you fix these problems the other way, and you get the other system, and on the third hand, you get the other roughly 613 fantasy genre game systems out there.  If someone would please link me to the original source for this anecdotal rumor I would be better educated and better for it.  If this segregation were implemented I would further suggest revisiting the gerrymandering to put it into the four pots 1) Most popular Fantasy, 2) Second most popular Fantasy, 3) other fantasy 4) non-fantasy. Second Suggestion  The ability to sort forum topic search results by time. Third Suggestion The ability to filter forum topic search results by category.
You could just use the search function.
I could also use some sleep.
The search function does not, as far as I know, contain a feature that lets me view everything that is not fantasy genre posts. Secondly, the origin of pathfinder vs 4th edition, does anyone have a link to that anecdote handy?