Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A small request for the VTT for Windows

Would it be possible to implement a blocked view of a window? Meaning the shade was drawn or the curtain is pulled? This way the player doesn't get to view inside the room. We have options for doors but not alot of windows. Its open, closed or locked. Could we have a sight blocked option? 
Yeah, that might be a good idea. I use doors for now, but that puts the wrong icon on the map and if I forget...

Edited 1719068183
There is an existing thread that is requesting this feature here:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11832670/door-improvements-transparency-toggle-resizing-trap-toggle-bending-door-lines" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/11832670/door-improvements-transparency-toggle-resizing-trap-toggle-bending-door-lines</a> Add your vote! As a work-around, I put a one-way barrier across the window on the "inside" of the structure to simulate curtains or blinds (tokens can see "out", but not "in", and it still allows for an lockable window token. If a PC goes through the window, the "curtain" gets shoved aside (IOW, I as GM move the one-way barrier out of the way). This can be time-consuming to set up for for structures with lots of windows, and the placement is tricky if you need to 100% sight blocking; I'm less fussy about normal "curtains" that might allow a sliver of visibility at the corners.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've also used doors in such a situation, and relied on player cooperation to treat them as windows. And I've used Rick's trick above as well. But to tell the truth, yeah, you are not the first to request this.
You could use a secret door placed adjacent to the window as a work around, but this would still be nice.