Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

UNDOCUMENTED FEATURE everyone should know about!

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Gauss is seriously awesome, he fixed one of the biggest problems I'd been having with roll20 macro-making: Variable numbers of targets in an AoE attack. Here's an example from a Pathfinder Gunslinger, using Pellet Ammo: /me fires his dragon pistol, spraying a 15' cone of sticky pellets which engulfs ?{Number of targets?|1} target(s), potentially dealing [[floor((d6 + 3 + ?{MiscBonusDamage|1})/2 )]] damage each, [[floor(3d6 + (3*3 + ?{MiscBonusDamage}))/2 ) ]] additional on a crit. Additionally, the attack forces a Reflex save DC 15 to avoid being ENTANGLED for [[2d4]] rounds. (B/P damage, misfires if ALL ATTACK DICE roll a 1 to ?{MaxMisfire|4}). // @{target|target1|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?|1} ]] // ?{target2|!} @{target|target2|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?} ]] // ?{target3|!} @{target|target3|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?} ]] // ?{target4|!} @{target|target4|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?} ]] // ?{target5|!} @{target|target5|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?} ]] // ?{target6|!} @{target|target6|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?} ]] // ?{target7|!} @{target|target7|token_name}: AC [[1d20r20 +10 -2 + ?{MiscToHitBonus?} ]] // (I stripped out all @attribute calls and replaced with numbers so you can easily copy & paste and test this) When you use the macro, you'll click on all 7 targets as normal, and then for EACH TARGET past the first you wish to attack, you'll have to delete the ! that shows up in the query window. Gauss explained that the ! is a call to API, but with no API actually invoked it just tosses that line of the macro out the window. Try this, marvel at this, adjust your macros as needed :>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's cool. Time to adjust my AoE macros...
" and then for EACH TARGET past the first you wish to attack, you'll have to delete the ! that shows up in the query window " Not sure what that means, the popup box that asks for a value pops up? or the popup asking for another target pops up? So If you don't have more than 1 target, you will just click the box and it will terminate? Is that correct?
You'd have to click however many times you have @targets in the macro... and then delete the ! mark for each target you want to actually attack. It is a lot of clicking and deleting. A variable @{target} command would be much better in the long run.
Ah, currently, I have the ability as a token action which rolls attack roll or target's save and whispers it to the DM/GM, and has to be clicked once per target. Seems easier to use then having to do it this way.
Might also have some fun with visual layouts and spacing with ALT characters... [Cone] ▓▓▓▓▓ [[1d6]] ▓▓▓ [[1d6]] [[1d6]] © [[1d6]] [[1d6]] [[1d6]] ▓▓▓ [[1d6]] [[1d6]] ▓▓▓▓▓ [[1d6]]