Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet triggers seem buggy today

I'm trying to make some characters on the sheet I developed. It's been working fine for years. Today, I add a repeating element, and it just outputs "Found a pre-defined key order!" in the console and nothing happens. No Row ID gets assigned. Nothing. I add another repeating element, it all works normally and populates the Row ID. I add a third, nothing. I add a fourth, populates.  Is there something going on with the service today?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Is this in a Jumpgate game?&nbsp; There's a bug that seems to ignore change events for the odd attributes. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/12013456/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/12013456/</a> AFAIK this is still a problem.

Edited 1726922069
Fred
Pro
Hello, I noticed that checkboxes status change are randomly not triggering the calculations associated in the sheetworker. It often requires another input before triggering the calculation. This issue is present in 2 sheets I tested, that behaved correctly a short time ago, and this issue is present in non-jumpgate beta games . I'm pretty sure many sheets are probably impacted, and this is very anoying to say the least.

Edited 1726922353
I'm having the same issue, Two different Pathfinder 1e groups, Tries two character sheets in both of them, If I change my ability scores or skills, The calculations dont work unless I change my racial ability score modifieres and then change them back. They always worked before today.... Neither of these two games use Jumpgate Beta...
Not a Jumpgate game. And it looks like the issue is still happening today. Does anyone from Roll20 read these forums/address these issues? <a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> seems to indicate there are no issues, but that's clearly not the case. This is super annoying.
This is a bug I reported 1 month ago, at the time it affected only games created with jumpgate beta opted in. Now it affects non-jumpgate beta games.
The same thing is on my character sheet that works for Legacy Sanitation . The video shows the simplest calculation when the variable value should add up to the value on the left: <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view</a> Again , the problems with the Roll 20 fell right on the game session , as if I was cursed . : )
This is a bug with Jumpgate! Character Sheets do not Update properly! Workaround is to create a NON JUMPGATE game and copy the sheets over once finished! Odin said: The same thing is on my character sheet that works for Legacy Sanitation . The video shows the simplest calculation when the variable value should add up to the value on the left: <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view</a> Again , the problems with the Roll 20 fell right on the game session , as if I was cursed . : )
TheMarkus1204 said: This is a bug with Jumpgate! Character Sheets do not Update properly! Workaround is to create a NON JUMPGATE game and copy the sheets over once finished! Now I have exactly the same issue in non-jumpgate games

Edited 1727007424
TheMarkus1204 said: This is a bug with Jumpgate! Character Sheets do not Update properly! Workaround is to create a NON JUMPGATE game and copy the sheets over once finished! Odin said: The same thing is on my character sheet that works for Legacy Sanitation . The video shows the simplest calculation when the variable value should add up to the value on the left: <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view</a> Again , the problems with the Roll 20 fell right on the game session , as if I was cursed . : ) I am having problems with the 2014 sheets, non-jumpgate, and where it failed for 2 days to not recognize any actions or traits and the associated macros won't trigger either, and today when I tried to make another npc it now has more things not recogniozed. Seems the new update with the 2024 sheets have caused some sort of memory leak throughout all of the sheets. Please revert back and go find and fix the 2024 sheet problem in house before re-releasing it again.
TheMarkus1204 said: This is a bug with Jumpgate! Character Sheets do not Update properly! Workaround is to create a NON JUMPGATE game and copy the sheets over once finished! Odin said: The same thing is on my character sheet that works for Legacy Sanitation . The video shows the simplest calculation when the variable value should add up to the value on the left: <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/17iK5qTaHdLXnnoBjx0AJY0QsbDCT6sMx/view</a> Again , the problems with the Roll 20 fell right on the game session , as if I was cursed . : ) My game is non Jumpgate, friend. It still too buggy and i cant run my games on it.
Same with D&amp;D 5e

Edited 1727032050
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
vÍnce said: Is this in a Jumpgate game?&nbsp; There's a bug that seems to ignore change events for the odd attributes. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/12013456/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/12013456/</a> AFAIK this is still a problem. I just re-checked my test code from last month and this bug seems to effect both Jumpgate and non-Jumpgate games now. ;-( fyi: My test code is sheet-agnostic, detects change events on 4 attributes to update 4 secondary attributes. Just a straight sheetworker detect and update. Every odd/other attributes fails to trigger an event so the sheetworker never updates the applicable attributes. Depending on how a sheet is set up to fire calcs from attribute changes, this could be a big problem and seemingly impact all roll20 sheets that rely on sheet change events for calcs (ie the cornerstone of roll20 sheet calcs). I submitted a help ticket to support for this 3 weeks ago (#253078), and I believe Fred also submitted (#252497).
Starfinder Roll20 sheet also seems bugged. Number inputs do not always stick, and sheet math does not always work. This seems random. First attempt to build a PC resulted in Dexterity and Intelligence staying at starting values (10) no matter what was entered into the cell.&nbsp; Second attempt managed to add Int. A faulty cell displays initial value (10) when viewed even if another number was entered into it. When active, it shows the entered value (like 16), but leaving the cell resets the cell back to initial value (10). And just now I could enter a new value to Constitution, but could not change it back to default value. Some sheet calculations work, some don't. Hopefully this is temporary, otherwise a lot of sheets are going to be useless.
I submitted a ticket for this yesterday as well (# 261228) referring to this thread.
My sheet (Trinity Continuum 2ed) is also broken, I noticed yesterday. Some triggers are not working properly.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Please post to the help desk to get a spotlight on this.&nbsp; Cheers

Edited 1727118906
Fred
Pro
vÍnce said: vÍnce said: Is this in a Jumpgate game?&nbsp; There's a bug that seems to ignore change events for the odd attributes. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/12013456/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/12013456/</a> AFAIK this is still a problem. I just re-checked my test code from last month and this bug seems to effect both Jumpgate and non-Jumpgate games now. ;-( fyi: My test code is sheet-agnostic, detects change events on 4 attributes to update 4 secondary attributes. Just a straight sheetworker detect and update. Every odd/other attributes fails to trigger an event so the sheetworker never updates the applicable attributes. Depending on how a sheet is set up to fire calcs from attribute changes, this could be a big problem and seemingly impact all roll20 sheets that rely on sheet change events for calcs (ie the cornerstone of roll20 sheet calcs). I submitted a help ticket to support for this 3 weeks ago (#253078), and I believe Fred also submitted (#252497). I opened a new ticket 261214 to advise Roll20 the bug IS affecting non-jumpgate beta games. I think the bug is not linked with odd attributs so to speak, it's more like one input out of two, starting from the 1st, won't trigger, no matter it's typing or checking a checkbox for example, and no matter what is the attribute concerned by said input.
Hey Folks, I'm sorry this has been a problem for so long and now it seems to be affecting more. We're looking into what is going on and we'll have a fix as soon as we can. I'll let you know how it's going when we know more.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you Andrew.
Thank you Andrew.
Thanks Andrew.
Just wanted to comment it has become impossible to create Ironsworn Starforged characters because of this using the developer sheet, hope it gets fixed soon!

Edited 1727387342
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fred said: I opened a new ticket 261214 to advise Roll20 the bug IS affecting non-jumpgate beta games. I think the bug is not linked with odd attributs so to speak, it's more like one input out of two, starting from the 1st, won't trigger, no matter it's typing or checking a checkbox for example, and no matter what is the attribute concerned by said input. I just encountered this. It's definitely not limited to jumpgate, and it seems very predictable and reproducible. In a repeating section, it appears the change event is triggering only (and exactly) on every second change event. On odd-numbered change events, no change event is being triggered.
Nash
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I am also seeing the first button click doesn't trigger event in repeating sections.
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I can confirm I'm also seeing this as I'm in the middle of developing a character sheet. I had multiple on:change &nbsp;listeners for the same repeating group that processed different attributes, so tried commenting those out, in case the multiple change handlers were causing an issue but it doesn't seem to make a difference... ~ C ~
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to save me from any additional frustrations, I've held off on doing character sheet work(ers) until this has been resolved. ;-)
It's tough to even make a character for a game at this point, or to toggle something in-game with an existing character. This is definitely painful, and it's been dragging on for quite some time.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm heading the same direction. Doing any work on roll20 is extremely difficult right now, and may cause some of us to jump ship.

Edited 1727462771
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've found another problem area. When creating Custom Roll Parsing, inside the finishRoll function, you can save an item to the alternate computed property. But now, this is not being printed out in the rolltemplate. If you have something like {{computed::die}} it is being treated as if it were {{die}} - the computed property is being ignored. This is NOT a JumpGate game.
Same here. D&amp;D 2014 rooms and character sheets are slower and buggy. Checkboxes does not update values. Spellcard/Spell attack issue is more frequent. No response to clicks. I have three months left on my pro subscription, that should be more than enough to make sure I actually get what I pay for.
I'm not a computer or code guy at all. But overtime I finaly relased my first character sheet, thanks to the help and advices from GiGs, VInce among other people (didn't got my badge, tho ;) ) After having wasted so many hours in august trying to fix my code before realising this was a Roll20 jumpgate bug, I know for a fact that the bug already existed in jumpgate games around mid-august. I'm a little bit disapointed that, one month after I have notified the bug to Roll20, it's not solved and even worse, it now affects non-jumpgate games as well. I hope that, when the DnD 2024 frenzy cools down, Roll20 will put ressources to work on fixing this bug.

Edited 1727480633
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There are a lot of moving parts on roll20 and lots of legacy code.&nbsp; This isn't the first time that a seemingly unrelated system change has caused issues with character sheets and/or other vtt functions and it will not be the last. Given this bug can effect all sheets that rely on sheetworkers... I'm confident this is getting some priority by the Devs and will get ironed-out ASAP.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do hope it gets ironed out quickly, but I won't defend them for their actual failures. They have had quality control issues for a long time, and things get released with errors that simply should not happen. It would be nice having a versaion that we need to update and can rollback, but the fact is there is a central server that is the same for everyone, meaning we all suffer from their poor quality control - that means quality control should be extremely good.
Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
GiGs said: I do hope it gets ironed out quickly, but I won't defend them for their actual failures. They have had quality control issues for a long time, and things get released with errors that simply should not happen. It would be nice having a versaion that we need to update and can rollback, but the fact is there is a central server that is the same for everyone, meaning we all suffer from their poor quality control - that means quality control should be extremely good. Yeah, as an ex-software development engineer test I second that!!!! I'm kind of puzzled as to why there isn't more noise about this...

Edited 1727541836
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This is such an "odd" bug that I'm sure lots of people aren't even aware of it.&nbsp; Sheet authors understand the impact of change events not working.&nbsp; Players might make a change on the sheet and assume (since its always worked...) that the appropriate updates were made sheet-wide based on their edit.&nbsp; Ignorance is bliss.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
For the record;&nbsp; I'm definitely not defending roll20 over this bug.&nbsp; We brought this up last month and we still haven't gotten a fix.&nbsp; This particular bug should have been addressed much sooner.

Edited 1727552778
Yeah, until this bug is fixed, I can't make NPCs for Pathfinder 2E without wanting to pull my hair out.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm seeing more and more things affected by the "odd" error - which as it affects me, is every second javascript event works properly, but odd numbered events are just ignored. Then there's the computed properties of rolltemplates not working properly - sheets code and ran on roll20 before the bug work properly, but ones made after that do not. This is very puzzling. I'm getting fed up.
Hey folks, Just chiming in to let you know that this is actively under investigation, but the root cause has proven elusive. I'm very sorry that this has taken so long to diagnose and address, but we ought to have a resolution soon. We'll update this thread as soon as we have any news.
Me too, I found this bug in my last game. I have a personal sheet where some input (old ones) in Jump or not jump game are not working properly, where repeating section and vhevkboxes are involved. Normally, now, the first input in always missed and I need to put another input in order to trigger calculation, the next is missed as well and the next one is working... so I need al the time to put two inputs, a fake one first and the second one after... I'm glad to read staff is working on it!&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
My game is also having issues.&nbsp; Not jumpgate.&nbsp; 1st edition Advanced D&amp;D.&nbsp; Spell lists do not update.&nbsp; Very frustrating.&nbsp; Makes my game unplayable.
I can confirm that this is happening in several of my games. Trying to to update proficiencies fails as the number don't appear when the box is ticked. This happened in a non Jump Gate DND 5e (2014) sheet and in a Jump Gate DND 5e (2014 game) where I am a player.&nbsp; I also noticed it happening in a Mass Effect 5e game that I GM.&nbsp; Hopefully they get to the bottom of this quickly as this is quite a nightmare for me as the GM.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There really should be an Alert/Warning at the top of the site for this.&nbsp; 99% of roll20's users will not even know there's a potentially sheet breaking issue with this bug. ;-(

Edited 1727650759
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
vÍnce said: There really should be an Alert/Warning at the top of the site for this.&nbsp; 99% of roll20's users will not even know there's a potentially sheet breaking issue with this bug. ;-( Agreed. They might not know there's a site-wide bug (possibly more than one), and blame the sheet. They may face issues they don't understand, and blame the GM.
I 100% agree on this. Many GMs and players are unaware of this potential game breaking bug. I only discovered this when trying to use charactermancer the other day when building a brand new PC for a one shot. From there I inspected the other games and sadly it was all over.&nbsp; GiGs said: vÍnce said: There really should be an Alert/Warning at the top of the site for this.&nbsp; 99% of roll20's users will not even know there's a potentially sheet breaking issue with this bug. ;-( Agreed. They might no know there's a site-wide big (possibly more than one, and blame the sheet. They may face issues they don't understand, and blame the GM.
Ulti
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is there any update on this? Currently, Roll20 is too broken to continue my campaigns.
Ulti said: Is there any update on this? Currently, Roll20 is too broken to continue my campaigns. No Update so far on this. And since this now affects ALL games, I have absolutely NO intentions to play on Roll20 as long as this bug exists...
I used Old School Essentials last night.&nbsp; It seemed fine.&nbsp; But my other 2nd edition game is unplayable.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tariff said: I used Old School Essentials last night.&nbsp; It seemed fine.&nbsp; But my other 2nd edition game is unplayable. It will only affect games that use sheet workers, Does the OSE sheet rely on sheet workers, use autocalc attributes, or avoid automation altogether?
It auto calcs some stuff.&nbsp; AC, to Hit but thats about it