Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Comic Strip 2

Rog
Marketplace Creator
Just over a year now!!! View Full Comic Here When I first logged on to roll20 I was nothing but excited and passionate about DM'ing. The thrill of telling a story, the gratification that comes from the players saying "thank you" every week, the creativity and the design, all played a wonderful part in my existence... Unfortunately lately I've been experiencing some serious burnout. The passion that once burned like radiant damage is now growing cold and I ,at times, just want to quit... My thoughts are that, like all things, the honeymoon ends and perhaps it might be time to put things aside. I don't know. I'm going to keep going for now but things might change in the near future... : /
Fear the wrath of a burnt out gm
If you fell kinda burnt out, try to do a re-boot, keep your players, but roll new characters, and do a new campaigne, this has helped me to bring back that spark when it starts to get boring. (among many ideas and thoughts)
I have quit 4 times already in a year for a month or more. But the narratives keep bringing me back as player and GM of three campaigns. It can be bad, but when it's good it's like a movie or TV show. Good luck, Rog U. I feel your pain. For me it's come down to a process of screening scrupulously. No matter what the system is, system, doesn't matter. If you got good players, you can make a game run and it's fun. If you get one, let alone two bad players, system doesn't matter, it's gonna be a whole bunch of no fun.
Rog, I feel your pain. Been in surgery a few times this year, also had housing and social issues for a while, so burnout and fading enthusiasm is a pain. Don't worry though, it will come back. Try taking a brief break, just a week/month or so can help, and go at it with some new stuff :)