Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E Classic RP group - Weekdays

Hi all, I recently got my hands on the new D&D 5E Player's Handbook and I think it's the best version of D&D thus far, and it puts Pathfinder to bed. Do you agree? Are you looking for a regular group that plays often? Here is my proposal: - Looking to form a regular group of players that are free weekday evenings from 7pm EST (4pm PST) onward. We would play on average 3 days per week. - Looking for players capable of bulletproof commitment to the game time, save for emergencies. - Looking for long-term players, who want to not just join a game, but form a small community. - Mature players only that can focus on a plot and roleplay effectively. New players are OK along with some veterans, but you need to be focused. - Players who want to start up fresh level 1 characters and go right to level 20. Achieving glory, finding powerful artifacts, slaying dragons, and saving the world, not spending half the session getting started or goofing off in the tavern. - Play in a game where the DM doesn't flake off after the 4th session because he gets bored. Is there anyone out there who wants that? If so, post or PM me please. What this would look like in particular: - Minimum 3 sessions per week, 3 hours on average, starting at 7pm EST roughly. Yes, I am calling out to you hardcore players who breathe D&D. - Rotating DM's. IE - this is a community of gamers with 2-3 people who can and want to take turns DM'ing. We can decide to run one of the new modules, or do homebrew, or combine the two. - Play over Skype using headset, of course using Roll20. - Players should want a setting where there's a 50/50 ratio for combat and general adventuring, investigating, exploring, engaging with NPC's. - Heavy roleplaying Please message me if you want this. Do not waste my time if you aren't willing to make the commitment.
Count me in as interested. This is exactly the kind of group I have been looking for. Monday Wednesday and Thursday work for me as far as weekdays as well as Saturday and Sunday nights in the same time slot. I have played a decent amount of D&D but never 5e, however I can get the books and pick up on it fast.
Awesome, that's actually the weekdays I had in mind for playing. Will need 3-4 more and we can launch this.
Bump - Still need 3-4 players to get this awesome thing going.
i'd like to join, though i would need a little bit of help? im new to dnd, though i have roleplayed on forums and such. i know what its about, but still need more than just the basics that i know, if you could help me along the storyline
Just PM'd you. New players are ok as long as we have a few other veteran gamers to balance things out - anyone can learn.
Used to DM quite a bit back on 3e and will be taking on the job of DM for games in my local gaming group. Might would be nice to join a steady group where I'm not DMing all the time, but I'm brand new to roll20, haven't actually played a full game in almost a year, and therefore haven't partaken of 5e yet (first session is this Saturday, we'll see how it goes). I do have the PHB and MM is on preorder. DMG doesn't come out until December (bummer), but I'll be getting that as well. I'll keep my eye on this thread. Let me know if you're interested in someone coming out of retirement. I'll PM my Skype on request. Cheers.
Awesome guys, I'll PM you both. Basically the main thing is we have solid RP'ers who can play monday, wednesday and thursday nights. I'll be one of the DM's, and would be nice to have 1-2 other DM's as well to run ether a different game or the same one and we can swap out characters.
I would love to join y'all, but i cant make that kind of time commitment to the game, if you guys decide to do a weekly game feel free to contact me me!
Send a message with an inquiry and desire to join. I GM a bit as well, and once i learn the system a bit better i could be an alt for running games.
Got 3 confirmed characters: -Wood Elf Ranger -Human (or wood elf) Monk -Wood Elf Cleric (life domain) *these guys really like wood elves lol* I'd like two more to round out the group. Remember, bulletproof commitment for 3 days per week - monday, wednesday, thursday around 6pm pacific.
Depends on the days, but otherwise I'd be very much interested. I have definite games already on every other monday, every tuesday, and every friday. sometimes on saturday / sunday. but doesn't look like will be playing them in the near future. not for several months if at all. sooooo depending on what days, I could definitely do: wednesday, thursday, saturday, sunday, and every other monday. I LOVE 5e. As you put it, best edition so far in my opinion as well. I'd be up for playing any character as they're all pretty wonderful. :)
Sorry, the post says monday, wednesday, and thursday. That's every week.

Edited 1412056912
i would like to join i can do monday wednesday and thursday. im going to pre-generate some characters.

Edited 1412348042
To simplify the process: If you want to play, please create a character in mythweavers and PM me the link. It should have background info. Assume a generic fantasy background for the moment. Will need pic as well of the character. I use the in-game roll20 5E sheets, but I'd like to see the detail put into the myth sheets first. If you do a good job, you have a good shot at getting in. Any race is fine except Tiefling. Any class in player's handbook. Use standard stat array in PH, but you will get chance to roll for stats later to see if you can get better rolls. 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. Roll 5d4x10 for starting gold, and buy what you want.
I'm going to be a bit more clear on criteria for this, as it's generating a good deal of interest. I hadn't thought about the dynamic of a 3-day per week game as opposed to a weekly game. Typically players who are willing to commit to 3 sessions per week are much more keen on tabletop gaming as a hobby than a casual weekly player in many cases. That said, I need to be a bit more clear about expectations to ensure a smooth launch. I'm looking to create a "group", not just a game. It would be difficult for me to prep for 3 games per week of the same campaign, so one of the other players should be willing to DM at least one of those days to balance things out. Given the small group dynamic. people need to see eye to eye when it comes to play style, expectations, and overall personality. With respect to player fit, the group needs players that are more easy going. This is sometimes difficult with the hardcore gamers who want to play several times per week, as they often have acute interest in how a game should be run and often hold the DM and other group members to task on delivering the type of experience they're looking for. At the end of the day, I as a DM have no interest in being a tool for someone's entertainment and am not interested in listening to a 20-year old lecture me on how I should run my game. I work hard to prep for the games, basically providing free entertainment for the players which should elicit pure respect from players. I like easy going, flexible players. The game uses 5E rules, but it's important for players to realize that 5E just came out, and sometimes house rulings make more sense. If you're a rules lawyer that loses sleep over small issues, you won't be a fit. We're here to have fun at the end of the day, and laws are rules to fools, and guidelines for the wise. In terms of play style, the combat/non-combat ratio is around 50%. That said, some sessions are mostly RP, and some are mostly combat. In terms of RP, you get out of it what you put into it. Backstory is important, and players should consult the DM for insight into the setting. If this makes sense to anyone out there who wants to play a few times per week (monday, wednesday, thursday), please send me a PM.
i almost wanted to join this, but rotating DM's and constantly swapping between different campaigns just seems confusing. that and the absolute requirement to be available 3 days a week, and the specific days you picked i was finally hoping i had found a game that wouldn't be on the weekends like every other campaign i work in the service industry, and am ALWAYS working weekends, but of course i only have midweek off on any regular basis i often get scheduled mondays and thursdays, wednesdays i go to the gamestore for encounters. why cant i find ANYONE willing to run on a tuesday? tl;dr: severe requirements and just a confusing idea. bye.
Why do people post if they have no ability or interest in playing? Strange phenomenon on these forums.. DM'ing 3 days per week is too much prep as I work during the day, but can do 2 nights. So if someone wanted to join for mondays and wednesdays, that would be ok.
The good news is Uriel, these posts bring it up the list! But I agree. I just wanted to say that I cannot join this campaign either ;)
I'm all kinds of interested in this, I don't know what "mythweavers" is but I'll google it and see what comes up for rolling up chars. Have played tabletop D&D starting back in TSR days will pm char sheet and skype info