Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My first actual game...

So after spending over a month setting up a campaign (building maps, making tokens and character sheets, etc), I finally invited a buddy of mine to play some good old fashioned Marvel Superheroes FASERIP. I set up one of the pages like the X-mens danger room, he rolled up a mutant, and we threw some dice- and did a little RP. Overall, I would say that our experience with using Roll20 was very good and we both had a blast (though it'd been years since either of us had played FASERIP, and we floundered with the rules a little and I had to improvise in a couple of places) and it helped us both to get up to speed with the interface. I did run into one problem during the game and was hoping someone could help me figure out a solution. For some reason, neither I nor my friend could change the value of the radial menu bubbles on his character token. All the tokens for the gun turrets worked just fine and I even tried some tokens of other NPC villains I have made (along with linked character sheets) and they all worked fine. It's just the token representing my friends character that isn't allowing us to change the values in the radial menu bubbles. So... does anyone have any idea why this would be the case? Thanks in advance, for any advice you can offer.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please send me a join link and I will come take a look.
I PM'ed you the link so you can take a look at it when you get the time. Thanks a bunch, Gauss. :)
possibly you have his token associated with a attribue from his character sheet; try double clicking on his token. when you see the number values for the green/blue/=red bubble boxes - there is a little drop box next to them. Are any of these drop boxes FILLED with an attribute name?
To Kenny T, Yes, there are. I have the red box and the blue box tagged as Health and Karma, respectively. However, this is the case with all of the tokens/characters I created- and you can change the values of the bubbles in the others with no problems- so I can't imagine what the difference would be. None the less, thanks for your input.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
My question is about the changing the bubbles. Are you talking about changing the bubble on the map then when you change maps and drop the token back down (from the sheet) on the new map, it changes back to the original number Or you click on the token and you change the number and hit enter but it does not change at all?
To Pat S, You click on the token and change the number, hit enter, and it doesn't change at all.

Edited 1412371672
Gauss
Forum Champion
It looks like you had an extra set of attributes that were acting as duplicates of the character sheet's health and karma and thus were confusing things. I have deleted them and that fixed the problem.
Fantastic- thanks so much for help, Gauss! :)