Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Frustration: One player, two characters, both share light?

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I've got NPCs traveling with the party, and I'm handing them out to players to run for me. One of these NPCs has darkvision. It is assigned to a player whose PC does not have darkvision. Because the same player controls both characters, both characters are benefiting from the light output from the character with darkvision. I'm >this< close to removing the NPC's darkvision because this is a pain in the rump. Any suggestions?
Assign it to a player with darkvision? Change the NPC race? Another problem you will run into regardless of darkvision is LOS. The player controlling both PC and NPC will see both of their LOS regardless of which token he/she clicks on.