Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Sound Trigger API

DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ability to call sound via API to play. This would streamline so many situations, and add others. You could: Trigger a sound/song/whatever to play on page change automatically based on the page name. Trigger sounds on combat rolls, misses, critical hits..etc. Look for key words in attack rolls to trigger sword sounds, magic casting, traps triggering and so on. Trigger sounds in dungeons based on the X,Y of the players
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If Music/Sound effect Queued by map change/shown handout - Music Search thread is implemented then this feature would be an extra boon to it.
Gold
Forum Champion
In related subjects, I identified all the current Suggestion threads related to Sounds, and posted an Index of them here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1245252/alternat" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1245252/alternat</a>...
+1 here. Trigger combat music when the initiative tracker is brought up, adjust the volume as the PC's get closer to 0 health, quickly mute and unmute everything with !mute.

Edited 1429110396
Possible variation, the ability to drag a sound onto the map much like you can drag dice. This creates a play/pause button and displays the name. DM could then drag sound buttons distinct to a page (traps, roars, music queues, etc) and trigger/end them as needed.
+1 to Abels' idea - that would be very nice!
Abel Yates said: Possible variation, the ability to drag a sound onto the map much like you can drag dice. This creates a play/pause button and displays the name. DM could then drag sound buttons distinct to a page (traps, roars, music queues, etc) and trigger/end them as needed. Great idea! &nbsp;Put this on the GM Layer. There has been so many times that I have added music and sound effects that I planned to use in my campaign. &nbsp;However in the heat of the roleplaying I always seem to forget to use it. &nbsp;If I could connect it to button I can put on the screen It will help me remember to use it.
Another variation, tokens could have a sound layer similar to the "conditions" bubble. When clicked it would have a flyout of various sounds that it's capable of triggering. This way players can trigger sounds as well, not just the GM.
Still liking it, but my vote is itching to go onto new projects :P
Gold
Forum Champion
Julix said: Still liking it, but my vote is itching to go onto new projects :P Once the thread is marked as Complete, I believe at that point all Votes from the thread will be automatically returned (but the total number of votes is kept for the records). Great to see this thread is marked as "In Development" currently!

Edited 1441986858
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gold said: Great to see this thread is marked as "In Development" currently! whoo! finally. the one thing I was hoping for since I started playing with the API.
Gold said: Julix said: Still liking it, but my vote is itching to go onto new projects :P Once the thread is marked as Complete, I believe at that point all Votes from the thread will be automatically returned (but the total number of votes is kept for the records). Great to see this thread is marked as "In Development" currently! It might be a good idea to change that policy so votes are locked and returned once it get to the development stage, since the devs have already decided to work on it (which is the purpose of the votes) and people get a very limited number of votes.
Hi, I don't know if you are aware of this, but your votes aren't locked You can click on the vote icon to get back your vote and use it on another suggestion (especially useful when a voted suggestion has been noted as in development)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This suggestion is now complete and live: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2445162/new-update-9-slash-22-jukebox-playlists-tabletop-audio-paypal-macro-renaming-tutorial-and-more" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2445162/new-update-9-slash-22-jukebox-playlists-tabletop-audio-paypal-macro-renaming-tutorial-and-more</a>