Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Release: Isometric Dungeon

plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I love to run adventures in isometric perspective instead of top-down. So I made a set of map tiles which let you build isometric dungeons . Hope they're useful for everyone. Let me know what you'd like next.
Cool beans! I may have to get myself a set of these. 8)
Looks really nice, a sci-fi spaceship set would also be useful.
Gold
Forum Champion
Looks fun. It's like the view used in the Baldur's Gate computer rpg's. May try it.
Will buy!
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm glad you like them. I'd love to see some screenshots of your dungeons if you find them useful.
I really like this, but would like one or two more packages and i would get them for mini campaigns Just one seems like it would get too similar in each room! But love it so far!
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just released Isometric Sewers . Hopefully that adds some variety.
I'd love if you had a caves package, especially if it can connect to the dungeons tile-set. I have plenty of ruins maps where it's part cave, part dungeon/collapsed-area.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Working on it. Caves are hard to get right. What do you think so far?
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Very cool. Floor seems a little too "polished" for a cave though?
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's a good observation. I was going for a wet look, but it still needs work.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok. How about this one? More organic, less wet.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
I can speak only for myself but that looks gorgeous. Love not only the variety but also the speed with which you're crafting these. I hope they're selling well, they are truly something different in the Marketplace!
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Looks great to me as wall, right out of a barbarian movie.

Edited 1415684647
I love it, only thing I can think of are stalagmite and stalactite props as well as an option for no torches. Perhaps organtic craggy/zig-zaggy passages to give it a flare that your sewer and dungeon tile-sets don't have which are very cardinal direction based.
Wes
Sheet Author
Great artwork, I love the Glow of the Torches, I would suggest using some of the "Wet"Shiny" floors in the released set, as the reflections of the torches adds great depth to the scene. Imagine them as a temple worked into the natural confines of the cavern.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Almost ready!

Edited 1416119390
Yesssss. Will we have a no torch option to keep that spooky feel for the games that need it? GM " you find a mysterious ancient... and oddly well lit and maintained torch illuminated cave..." PLAYER " but how is tha--" **slap** GM "Don't question it."
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes. There will be no-torch options. But I love your approach. "Don't question it!"
are all the sets compatible with each other? or are you going to make a transition package?

Edited 1416130141
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
They all fit together nicely. The only weirdness is that most of the sewer pieces have 15' wide passages, but the other sets have 10' wide passages. There's one sewer interface to 10', but it may not be the exact piece you want in every transition situation. I'll try and stick to 10' passages for most of my future sets. Worst. Dungeon. Evar!
Saul Wynne
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi I have been away for a while and popped onto the marketplace to see what had been created and I just noticed your great sets, nice work plexsoup :)

Edited 1416290817
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Saul! @Ville S: I started working on a spaceship interior... ...but then I stumbled across ex-astris-scientia . They have a ton of isometric spaceship interiors already. Go into your Roll20 artwork tab and put this in the search bar: site:<a href="http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org" rel="nofollow">www.ex-astris-scientia.org</a> interior or site:<a href="http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org" rel="nofollow">www.ex-astris-scientia.org</a> bridge They're really good! Is there a particular type of spaceship you're interested in?
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Not for me, but I would definitely suggest Space Hulk style grimdark SciFi . I'm just basing this off of what gets played according to the Orr report.

Edited 1416342791
An indoor themed 'thief den' would be a grand addition. Adds a good indoor set to the mix and would mesh well with the others. If room parts are put in (corners, midwalls, floor) we could make isometric interior houses as well which would be neat. Another neat thing for the caves set is rail-road and rail cart props. That way the caves could be a dark mysterious abandoned mine, animal den, magma cave, mushroom haven, hideout, and crystal cave all in one with the existing props you have. Caves are pretty versatile, you could probably sell isometric prop packs allowing more flavor for every map :)
These sets work great for the rest of my custom made isometric terrain
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That looks great, Ken! Love the tokens and the trees.
plexsoup said: That looks great, Ken! Love the tokens and the trees. I agree! Loving the trees!!

Edited 1416426567
Thanks! The trees actually aren't mine, I found them here: <a href="http://opengameart.org/content/free-isometric-plan" rel="nofollow">http://opengameart.org/content/free-isometric-plan</a>... I have some mountains,dirt,valleys and such forth I've made, (but to prevent spoilers for my players they're not shown). The grass and Grid overlay I made however. I do wish however for there to be a 'foreground' layer that behaves like the map layer, but is 'over' the tokens. Right now i'm using token layer infront of the tokens but that has... well issues.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ken, how do you solve the isometric ruler problem? When using the ruler, diagonals along the Y axis show much shorter distances than diagonals along the X axis.
There is no real way to solve it unless we get an isometric grid. We counted squares. It's a problem on large maps.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Caves are here: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/418/isom" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/418/isom</a>... (My gemstone didn't make it into the pack in time, so here it is for free.)
Amazing, I'm planning on linking it with the dungeon tileset.. first some explored sections with the torches.. then the utter darkness.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
plexsoup said: Ken, how do you solve the isometric ruler problem? When using the ruler, diagonals along the Y axis show much shorter distances than diagonals along the X axis. Playing around a bit, it looks like if you have the map set to Diagonals: D&D 4E Compatible (Default), that all the measurements are correct except strictly horizontal, which is doubled. (provided you consider diagonals to be the same distance as orthogonals...) Would it be helpful to have a script that would print the distance to chat between two tokens?
If it would be I would have already wrote something similar, It's more the radius and range effects which are more of an issue like auras. Things like fog cloud or other area effects. Also when contemplating moving somewhere, I suppose you could use a ruler-like token but it's still very awkward.
plexsoup
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Isometric distance between two tokens might be helpful. Lots of times I have players ask how far is it to that other token?