Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Handles should resize when zoomed out.

Score + 121
I run an outdoor campaign where I use a sandbox page with tokens that are geographic features (hills) that I can scale, distort and rotate to quickly (somewhat) create a zoomed-in outdoor scene based on the players' location on a topo map. This works fairly well, except that when the hills tokens are sized to be hills (i.e. much larger than the player tokens), I need to zoom out to manipulate them and the handles are almost invisible because they are so small. Ideally the handles would remain the same size relative to the screen regardless of zoom, making it easy to manipulate tokens that are intended to be large in scale.
I saw a similar post in Suggestions and Ideas that mentions how other things (such as the text in distance measurements) doesn't scale up when zoomed out: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1244188/the-size-of-the-distance-measurement-should-scale-with-zoom-levels#post-1244188" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1244188/the-size-of-the-distance-measurement-should-scale-with-zoom-levels#post-1244188</a>
Gold
Forum Champion
Indeed. This would be a nice usability improvement. More scaling of GUI / tool features, to match zoom level.
Gold said: Here is another related, but not identical, idea that came up. You may want to read this and consider adding your +1 and comments. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1339247/tokens-r" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1339247/tokens-r</a>... Thanks for bringing it up, Gold There should be an option of completely removing re-sizing nodes. Sometimes when I have a custom sized token (that I don't want to have to edit with padding) I accidentally click a node and it re-sizes to fit the grid. Very annoying.
+1 to this, although my issue is in the opposite side of the scale When I re-scale items to be very tiny, the handles completely obscure the token itself, to the point of being difficult to click the right handle because they overlap re-sizable handles would be a plus :)
This would be very helpful!
+1 to this, super useful and needed change!
Poking this thread and adding an upvote to keep it on the first page, even the forum mods agree this is a nice update.
Poking this thread again and leaving the up-vote in place.
+1 and 100% agree with this
Hopefully this is another quality-of-life item they'll look at soon, since they just sent some Ruler fixes to Dev.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any feedback on this?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Also make the color much brighter and of higher contrast then most background colors, or make the color selectable. I have vision problems as it is and can hardly see those adjustable boxes.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That would really be useful!
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is also the case, when the handler is under the token bars, making it impossible to turn the token.
Super agree with this one. It makes it really difficult to deal with small tokens when you're trying to save loading time by halving the size of the map.
Totally agree!&nbsp;
Oh yea! My world maps would greatly benefit from this.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bump. For whatever its worth.
+1
+1 this crippled something I was trying to do with my token on more then one occasion as a GM and a player,&nbsp;
+1
+1
+1 PLEASE, I NEED this especially for Ship Tokens where I need to zoom out a lot. A variable to scale it would be fantastic. Even if it is fixed at say twice their size it will help a lot. I have a Hires Screen so they are tiny already, and my mouse moves ever so slightly when I press the mouse and it de-selects the grip.
Just came across this issue in a game.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
+1

Edited 1681008371
Can we have this feature please? It would help a lot with Ships and other large things.