Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Quick Reference Character Notes

My players made me realized that only the Game Master could leave helpful notes on tokens, but the players can't leave any kind of notes on their specific tokens, only in the character sheet. Having the same "notes" space as the gm exclusive ones would be really convenient for a lot of little uses, like counting ammunition, kill counts, status effects, or just some plain notes they want to remember for the next game. It does not need to be fancy or anything, just a good old, but useful blank space that you could fill! For my account I have a lot of things for my players to take note in the middle of battle: kill counts, damage taken and given, number of cash/treasure found, etc. In my game there is a competitive aspect that rewards the more proficient players at the end of every fight, as well as vote for the most "badass" of them, rewarding them with additional exp or other goodies, so keeping track of all this needs to be quick and as efficient as possible.
Gold
Forum Champion
There are places, Doc. If I understand what you're asking for. A free text box for Players to type that's just-like the freetext blank spots that say "GM Notes" and such. First, when the Players are on their "Character Sheet", at the top they can flip to the "Bio & Info" tab instead of Character Sheet. Bio & Info contains a massive free-text box for Player to type whatever they want (and they can upload 1 picture here). It is near the character sheet in the interface, but is not within the character sheet. It is another tab there. There is also a "GM notes" section at the bottom there, Player notes section at the top. Second option, as GM you can make Journals for the players. Under the Journal tab, make a new handout. Give editing and viewing permission to 1 or more players. For example you could make "PARTY LOOT" or "Party Kills" journal that everyone can edit. Or you can make "Our cleric's journal" for just the one player, and they can each have their own journal. The players can keep these windows open & double-click the top line to minimize the size on the screen until they want to type within it again. Hope this helps & if your idea is something greater, please explain again what would be different in your suggestion/request.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Shift+clicking on the token will open the token's associated character sheet on the bio tab.
The thing is that the Character Bio & Info is already heavily used for the Character Sheet itself .I've created a brand new style of rpg that needs both tabs for all the necessary info for the Character/enemies. The Attributes are written in the Bio section, then separated into Sub-Attributes in the other section.( like 21 Sub-Attributes all linked to macros). I mostly wanted to notes for a quick refresher about important stats, or for counting ammo/kills/total loot. As for the additional Journal, I am actually using this strategy for now, it's just a bit of a hassle to edit every time the journal to add kill counts, amount of money gathered in the fight, and these data changed a lot quite fast.( To give you a context, my game is based on the Videogame world and the battlefield are actually 2d stages, like a Mario game. And as a Mario Game, coins can be floating around the field, so players might fetch these instead of fighting. And at the end of combat, rewards are given for players with most kills/money looting, etc...). For the Shift-Clicking trick...IT IS AWESOME!!! This will speed up the process quite a bit, maybe not for the players, but for the enemies, it is a must! Thank you both for your kind replies! On this note...ONWARD TO ADVENTURE!!!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .