Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e for Night Owls, GMT-5 (Eastern Standard Time), Homebrew w/ some Ravenloft

Edited 1412845473
The Storyteller
Sheet Author
I am looking to get a long term campaign up and going for players who are available 10:00pm EST or Later. The setting is a Homebrew campaign that I have some detailed documentation on, coupled with some stories that take place in Ravenloft (as the mists move as they will). I want to work with the group to establish what kind of party everyone wants to play, as I am open to various play styles and stories. I am a very story oriented DM and make a concerted effort to make sure there is direction and motivation for the characters. The races for the Homebrew have been tweaked quite a bit, all classes are welcome though. If you're interested, please ask any questions and I will provide links to campaign documents via PM. If you like eastern/asian mythology, kung fu/wushu, wuxia, samurai, ninjas and complex politics blended with fast pace action, tragedy and pseudo sand box style adventures this may be the game for you. Experienced and inexperienced players welcome.
I run this setting for a different group, but scheduling with them is inconsistent at best. Here is a link to that campaign for those interested in a sort of preview. Bear in mind that the campaign will be different that what is presented via this link. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/415869/the-sagas-of-lyr-gai-emeng-yuyan-gai-e-meng-yu-yan" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/415869/the-sagas-of-lyr-gai-emeng-yuyan-gai-e-meng-yu-yan</a>
I'd like to play I'm still new to D&D and roll20 but I have the basics down and own the Player's Handbook. I'd like to play a Dragonborn Monk. I've been looking for a late night game and this would be perfect, Monday would work best for me.

Edited 1412856367
I'd like to play, havn't played 5e yet but am very interested, I can make basically any time but I am on casual work (only like once a week, sometimes 3 in a week although its rare) so I will let you know if something comes up well before hand. I would probably want to be a cleric or rogue
Sounds interesting. I have no experience with 5e, but have been looking for a game for quite a while. PM me if I get a spot :).
Hey, would love to play as well. Have a very minor amount of 5e experience but would love to put it to good use. If you have a spot hit me up thabks :)
Thanks for showing interest everyone! I'll be PMing people links with the setting info shortly, if I haven't already done so. Please read over the material, even if you just scan over it, just to be sure it's something you're into. Once I have the core group (4 - 5 players is what I can manage best) We'll establish a night to have a session 0, talk about characters and what kind of campaign we'd all like to play.
Also, I'm giving this thread a little bump just in case there might be a few other late nighters who are interested. I know I have a hard time finding late night games in the LFG section, and so far the forum has panned out to be the best way to network with other insomniacs. :P
I believe everyone who replied to this thread has gotten a PM with the setting info. If not, let me know. Also, I am available chat via skype, Roll20, whatever. Just hit me up.
Which night of the week is this one? And is it full now? I'm always available late night =)
It's not full, I've only invited one player so far. I haven't established a night yet, since I haven't heard back from all of the interested players. I'll invite people to the campaign as people really start show interest, and schedule a session 0 from there.
Additionally, I'd like to do character creation as a group, so everyone is on the same page and find ways to connect back grounds between the characters.

Edited 1412910537
I have an interest in trying this one out. P.S Is the link above supposed to give me a "Not Authorized" page?
This sounds pretty awesome and interesting. I have no experience with 5e though :(
I like character creation as a group, so much better than everyone turning in individual sheets, and you realize you have 4 healers and no melee guys! =)
That's something you as players will need to work out as group, once we have session 0. I can easily customize the campaign for what ever you put together.
Also, there are people who posted earlier who stated they were interested, but mentioned it would take them a day or two to go over the setting info. I'd like to give them that opportunity.
Thanks to everyone who showed interest. The game now has all the slots filled, those who expressed interest and weren't able to get a slot, I will certainly keep you in mind if something opens up. Thanks again! -TST