Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[[Help]] with token action/macro stuff.

Rog
Marketplace Creator
I have scanned the wiki and can't seem to find this specific solution. What is the Ability Coding for displaying the name of the token itself as opposed to the journal entry? Example: I have individual names for all of my monsters that draw from the same journal entry and I want the individual name to display instead of ugly messages like "/emas MOB_BEAR_CR12 attacks you!"
@{selected|token_name}
Rog U. said: I have scanned the wiki and can't seem to find this specific solution. What is the Ability Coding for displaying the name of the token itself as opposed to the journal entry? Example: I have individual names for all of my monsters that draw from the same journal entry and I want the individual name to display instead of ugly messages like "/emas MOB_BEAR_CR12 attacks you!" to be honest i have a name attribute in my monster / character template journals that way i can call it something different if i have to without the players knowing exactly what it is or for whatever reason and call it out using @{selected|name} where name = whatever the attribute name would be.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Christopher, @{selected|character_name} is also available, for the name of the journal entry (as opposed to the name of the token itself).
Is there a list of all possible @{ } values available for use in macros? I don't believe I've spotted one yet.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There isn't a good list, but you can look here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Using_a_Selected_To" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Using_a_Selected_To</a>... It's basically all of the attributes of the character the token represents, along with bar1, bar2, bar3, token_id, character_id, character_name and token_name.
Hey Thanks. I am familiar with that list, but I keep getting surprised with someone mentioning a new (system) tag that was not defined somewhere else. That led me to suspect that there must be a big "master list" somewhere, which apparently I haven't found yet. :-)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Me either, but if you do, let me know! =D
Gauss
Forum Champion
Feel free to create one. :)
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
=D