Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Notifications Alert at the top right of the page.

I'm not 100% certain but I don't think my notifications alert is responding. I'm certain I've made posts on the forum and I have not been alerted with a notification when another following post is made. If I'm not alerted via notifications at the top right of the page to any post following this message I'm posting right now, I'll know for sure.  I believe my notifications alert isn't responding.
You have to explicitly click the Follow This Topic link on the top-right of each thread you want to recieve notifications for.
Oh... Okay. I thought there was a chance of user error but I didn't know what it was. Thanks!
No problem, I'm assuming if you click follow on this topic you are seeing the notifications?
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Eric D. said: You have to explicitly click the Follow This Topic link on the top-right of each thread you want to recieve notifications for. No way for that to automatically happen if you have typed a response in a thread?  I thought it was working like that a few weeks ago, I was getting updates on threads I was a part of, but I haven't been getting anything for a few weeks now.  Thats how it works on other forums I'm on.
That was how the old forums worked but not the new ones. If there is enough interest in auto-follow we can look into changing the behavior.
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
no wonder I don't get any notifications for weeks now. :(  Oh well, it would be nice to have an option at least for the user to set in his account to say allow auto follow or something?  Personally I would rather always follow a thread I responded to.
I'll bring it up with the devs :)
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
No big deal, probably not even needed if I'm the only one to even mention it in all this time. :)
It looks like when I personally started this post thread it automatically follows? I was the original post on this thread and the option was to 'Stop Following Thread.'
You currently auto-follow threads you create and threads in the Campaign Forums of campaigns you are in.
I have the opposite problem ; I still get notifications of Campaigns I have left already. Is there a way to fix that?