Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] Hidden Rollable Table Token Randomize

I'm a bit (well ok, a lot) rusty on the Roll20 API so I have no idea how to even get started on this, so I figure I put it out there for those of you who are better at this. First let me explain what I want. I made a Rollable Table, like this: Then I created a Token out of it, linked it to a char sheet and end up with my army of cannibals: Of course they look slightly boring and I made the RT to have variety on how they look. So I Randomize them and end up with So far so good. That's all planned and works fine. This part here however is not: Now granted it doesn't say too much, but once the players are familiar with the tokens they now know I just prepared 12 Cannibals for play. I don't want that. I don't want to manually select each token and manually change it to something. Or to clear the chatlog every time. So I'm looking for a way where I can select my 12 Cannibals, type in !randomize or something like that, and it basically does that without the output to chat. Alternatively (maybe easier to do) a API script that captures whenever Tokens are rolled (instead of dice) and hides that chat or turns it into a gmroll Does anybody think they're up for the challenge?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Totally. That will actually be quite easy. You just need to get the tokens from the info in msg.selected and pick a random side. I'm on my phone or I'd just write it right here. Really, I can probably add this to my token-mod script quite easily...
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Update: I could do this... if setting the currentSide on a rollable table token updated the imgsrc. =( Alternatively, it would work if all the images for the token were in your personal library. However, if they aren't, setting the img src doesn't work. =(