Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Could link open in a new tab by default?

I don't understand why closing down your roll20 tab is the default setting for an inserted link. I would think more often than not, you would rarely set up a link and want this to be the result. I like player's spells and abilities to SRD/ONLINE websites so we don't have to page through books. If the default setting is to not open in a new tab, could a viable reason be explained to me? I know that I only play one game/genre so maybe it is lost to me. If there was a master setting  under the Settings tab that always had the little check box on a new inserted link to open in a new tab, that would be great as well. Thoughts?
This is actually fixed in the next update already (all links open in a new tab automatically throughout the app).
SWEET! I am as happy as a clam - I will post pone any more link imbedding :)
Actually you can go ahead and keep doing it without checking the box right now. The way the new method works is any link opens in a new tab, regardless of whether the box is checked or not, since I can't think of a reason that you'd ever want to open a link to an external site and close your Roll20 session from inside the app. When the new update comes out all your existing links will get magically upgraded :-)
oh heck yeah! :) thanks man!
I have a huge master list of rules for my AD&D 2nd edition game linked to all the spells and classes. Copying it over to a second campaign I am running caused all the links to drop - but now I don't have to go in and manually adjust each and everyone!