Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

In Case You Missed It: The Orr Group Industry Report Third Quarter 2014

Check it out! And feel free to discuss below, just steer clear of edition war value judgements please....
I wonder how much of this is a vicious cycle. Everyone knows that 3.5 is hugely popular, so they label their games as 3.5 even if that's not what they're playing, so 3.5 shows up as hugely popular in the rankings. This isn't theoretical; looking for a 3.5 game over the last few days, I've come across several 5e games (and one that had nothing to do with D&D/D20 at all, but stated in the campaign description that it was labeled as such to draw attention) all labeled as 3.5. I don't have a clue how to figure out how much skew this introduces, it's really just idle curiosity.
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Good report! Thanks for posting it up. 5e will certainly grow in popularity here as more books are published and more adventures become available. I'm stating this now and we'll see in a year if I'm correct, but I feel 5e will overtake Pathfinder for various reasons (none of which need to be debated here as per the ROE for the forum).
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for the report. It really helps those of us who are also 3rd party publishers determine what is most likely to sell.
An interesting snapshot of the state of the site. Of course it is a tool only as the great man said "There are lies, damn lies and statistics." I agree that this is a much better measure of the current state of the R.P.G. community than sales. There were probably more sales of books on Curling than Baseball, but that would not make me believe that Curling was the most popular sport today...