Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Query: emote-as?

Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I am controlling two characters in a game. I am not the GM. Without API how do I do do emotes as the character aside from remembering to change my character in the dropdown below the chatbox?
That's the only way for someone logged in as player to do it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
/emas "name" action but that is only a gm feature. As far as I know you have to use the API or switch your "as" name between the characters. I think there was a suggestion made about this but not sure if it got added to the new suggestion forum. You could always make a suggestion.

Edited 1413608656
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
GenKitty said: I am not the GM. Without API how do I do do emotes as the character aside from remembering to change my character in the dropdown below the chatbox? I suppose you could change your OOC display name to match that of one character and use /o? =)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Fair enough! Thanks for the help, peoples
You could also open Roll20 in two tabs and switch back and forth.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Last time our GM had two tabs open, both to the same game, he disappeared from the player bar (though we could still hear him). x.x Nah, it isn't a big deal. The second character is an NPC I'm running for the GM and I was just wondering what my options were. The existing options are good enough :>