Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Stacking the deck ... can it be done? if so, How?

I searched the forums and found similar ideas but not answers to my issue so thought I would bring this question right up front ... I have taken the initiative and created decks of cards containing stats for D&D spells (a wizard deck, cleric deck, etc). Each deck has each spell available for that class once and has infinite cards and option to draw specific cards. When the PCs "prepare spells", they go into the deck and grab 1 corresponding card for each spell slot that they have available to them. When they cast, they then play the card (remove the card from their hand to the table). Real easy to track and spell instructions are there to see so no arguments about spell mechanics. The problem: I entered the spells from one book. By default, they are alphabetical by level and can quickly be found as a result. When I start adding the spells from another book, they are at the bottom of the first listing. Is there a way to alter the order of the cards in the deck so they are 'stacked' in an alphabetical order again? To bring the 1st level spells of the second book to merge up into position of the 1st level spells from the first books entries?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
At this time, you can not manual reshuffle or reorder the deck. If there is not a suggestion about this, you could make one.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
There exists the slim possibility that you could do this in the API by changing the card at the top to have the settings of the card you want first, changing the next card to the one you want second, etc. This assumes that the order is preserved and determinate when you fetch all the cards.
Pat, Thanks, I did go place this into suggestion forum.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm sorry that I did not have an answer to let you do what you wanted but Aaron is the API whiz and if he says there is a slim chance then it is something to look into. If you haven't you might want to make a post about this in the API forum.