Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Manually shuffling 'stacking' a deck

I am using deck cards for spell slots. When a PC prepares spells they use the 'Choose' option to grab the card that represents that spell. When I created the cards, they were in order (by level then alphabetical) to be found quickly. When I go to add new cards, they are stuck at the bottom and now out of order. I would love to be able to manually arrange the cards in the deck (similar to putting macros in an order).

Edited 1413828985
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can see many other ways this could be useful, as well. Especially if the player has the ability to only reorder a portion of the deck (eg, look at the top 5, put them back in a specific order) or put some on the bottom (look at the top 5, but 2 on top and 3 on the bottom).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Yeah, a very common mechanic in a bunch of deck games.

Edited 1417880208
John K., if you want it ordered the way it was ordered when you first created it (the exact way you first added the cards), then hit Duplicate Deck and then erase the original one. The new (duplicated) deck will have the cards sorted as you first created it. So it would be wise to be very careful in what sequence you add the cards to the deck when you create it. If you want an alphabetical sorting (for example), but you added the cards in non-alphabetic order then this won't solve it. But I can see it being very useful to manually sort the deck once you later on add new cards, so that's a nice suggestion.

Edited 1417983175
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
DM Devil said: John K., if you want it ordered the way it was ordered when you first created it (the exact way you first added the cards), then hit Duplicate Deck and then erase the original one. The new (duplicated) deck will have the cards sorted as you first created it. So it would be wise to be very careful in what sequence you add the cards to the deck when you create it. If you want an alphabetical sorting (for example), but you added the cards in non-alphabetic order then this won't solve it. But I can see it being very useful to manually sort the deck once you later on add new cards, so that's a nice suggestion. Wow. That's a trick! I have a Conditions deck and I always complain that I have to sift thru them. This would work perfect for me. Update: For some reason the very first card of the deck is out-of-order no matter how many times I try this trick... But the rest are kept in alphabetical order making it much easier to choose a card from the deck.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .