Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Music and talking.

So I'm running a 4e game with 5 players, which has been going very well, the one problem which I've ran across  is thst ehen I have music playing the players voices get really chopping and hard to understand. My quick fix is just no musicx but I was wondering if there is another way. We are using google hangoutsin which I have one of my players set it up and is in charge of inviting everyone. I'm using an hp ill have to check the specs on that if you need it, but I've been using firefox.
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
The devs have screencasts of themselves playing and their voices are always perfect.  Just so you know there is a way to get good voices even when music is playing. :)  But how I'm not sure.  Someone here will have some more suggestions.
Hmm... Yeah, I think something must be up.  I can confirm that it's not normal behavior.  My group uses roll20 in google hangouts with the jukebox going and I've never experienced choppy voice before.  We sometimes have some lag, but that's due to connection issues on one end or the other.  Hopefully one of the mods/devs will have some suggestions soon.  It would be a drag to not be able to use your music.
Sometime I have some choppyness or lag but that's because I have people from spain and england I my group (I would guess) but its only for a little and notthst bad, but when I domusic its way worse.
Casey, is the music you have playing through the roll20 jukebox or externally (like someones stereo/computer?)
R20 jutebox
If its choppy while playing, its due to a bandwidth issue for the site. 
How (if at all) can i fix that?