Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Drawing Transparent Objects

Hello! TK of the Kaleidoscope Tavern here. I was recently trying to research how to do this, and just came across archived threads asking about it or suggesting it as a feature. However, after some messing around, I figured out that you can, in fact, do this already. Perhaps this exists somewhere in the documentation, I do not know, but I wanted to post this so that anyone in the future asking the same questions I was can find it easily. So this is not a question itself, but rather the answer to a question asked in an archived thread, specifically that of Kronos Wyrm and the suggestion made by Owen O. I wish I could have given y'all this answer less than a decade later, but better late than never, I suppose. If you would like to have semi-transparency, you will need to add two digits to the hex code in the drawing tool.  So, this: Would become this: FF is fully opaque, 00 is fully transparent, and 80 is 50% opacity. It does need to have exactly eight digits or it turns black!
1788821185
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi TK! This trick has been passed around a lot, but as far as I know is not documented. You can also do this in many other places the color picker touches, like auras and tints.  It's called rgba when it is defined like this:  rgba(255, 87, 51, 0.5) Or in your examples above, 8 digit hex, or hex with alpha Good tip!