Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 4E

Hi everyone, I'm looking to start a 4E game, newbies and veterans welcome. I will be DMing unless someone else wants to. Games would be late nights starting at 10pm PST on whatever day, or earlier but the days would have to vary, my schedule is not very flexible but ill do my best. It will be level 1 and 22point build. i would prefer to use only PHB 1 and 2. roll-playing not necessary, but strongly encouraged. If you'd like to play let me know with your schedule and what you'd like to play as!
Hello! I'm a newbie looking to get his feet wet. I'd love to join your group. But when I say newbie, I mean it. I've read through most of the books and am familiar with most of the rules and general play. 10PM PST would be great for me. Thank you!
Hello, and newbie is fine, if you already know some/most the rules even better! Any idea on what youd like to play as? and what day would work best for you?
At the moment, my schedule is very flexible, so anytime would be good for me. Ideally, a day between Monday - Thursday would be the best, but between Friday - Sunday would be okay too. I would like to play a ranger. Do you have any other rules for character creation? IE starting gold amount, etc. Thank you
150 gold to buy all your beginning gear. but ill be doing double experience and treasure during the game. if you finish making your character, or already have it made, could you send your character sheet to my email? <a href="mailto:dcambroto@yahoo.com" rel="nofollow">dcambroto@yahoo.com</a> thanks!
Complete noob here too. I have all the phb's and I'm still reading through them. I'm on gmt +12, anytime past 9pm PST is perfect, any day(s) of the week are fine. At the moment I'm thinking of rolling a devoted cleric. I will have a character sheet done in an hour or so.
If you don't mind, I decided to change my character to a warden.
Complete noob here too. I have all the phb's and I'm still reading through them. I'm on gmt +12, anytime past 9pm PST is perfect, any day(s) of the week are fine. At the moment I'm thinking of rolling a devoted cleric. I will have a character sheet done in an hour or so. sounds good, noobs always welcome! if you have any questions let me know!
4e vet here. I'm totally down to play as long as it's not on saturday nights. Although out of curiosity any particular reason you are downvoting phb 3?
newish played 2.0 3.0 3.5 and started a game of 4e last night but thats a one day a week gig so looking for a different game do you except homebrew if it resonable you could tweek whatever you want its your game as dm just want to play my werebear human clr and the way i wrote the roles for bear mode because of lycanthropy it really seems like an affliction the writers can add in and the backstory is so cool lol just need the kind of dm to bring out the potential and help me make it perfect or kill it what ever is clever lol and i made a deity cuz i thought the ones in the book were stale
Welcome! and there are a few reasons i don't wanna use phb3 one is i find that there are some things broken to me, one in particular is the Hybrid characters, in my experience they have ether been over powered or completely under powered. i also don't wanna use "monster" races in this campaign. phb3 also changes general rules that are not present in phb1 and 2, such as the races in phb3 have one set ability score increase and a choice between two more, witch isn't present in phb1 and 2 races, and i find that a little unfair. over all i find it easyer for me and new players to just use phb1 and 2. hope thats okay! 4e vet here. I'm totally down to play as long as it's not on saturday nights. Although out of curiosity any particular reason you are downvoting phb 3?
newish played 2.0 3.0 3.5 and started a game of 4e last night but thats a one day a week gig so looking for a different game do you except homebrew if it resonable you could tweek whatever you want its your game as dm just want to play my werebear human clr and the way i wrote the roles for bear mode because of lycanthropy it really seems like an affliction the writers can add in and the backstory is so cool lol just need the kind of dm to bring out the potential and help me make it perfect or kill it what ever is clever lol and i made a deity cuz i thought the ones in the book were stale send me your character sheet and werebear stats and such if you can so i can take a look at it and ill let you know if i can work with it! i dont see a problem with it unless its over powered. you could use the "shifter" race palette and just use it as a werebear also
Hi, I'm fairly new but would be interested in joining if you still have room. Should I send you a character sheet? I'm available whenever and in EST.
Hi, I'm fairly new but would be interested in joining if you still have room. Should I send you a character sheet? I'm available whenever and in EST. yeah we still have room send me your character sheet
so far we have -Jason Park-warden -Clayton D'Ath-cleric -Eric Colbert-?? -Skaah-werebear cleric -Russell Covell-Dragon-born fighter -Roberto Sanchez-half-elf sorcerer -OomPapaMowMow-dwarf warlock
Welcome! and there are a few reasons i don't wanna use phb3 one is i find that there are some things broken to me, one in particular is the Hybrid characters, in my experience they have ether been over powered or completely under powered. i also don't wanna use "monster" races in this campaign. phb3 also changes general rules that are not present in phb1 and 2, such as the races in phb3 have one set ability score increase and a choice between two more, witch isn't present in phb1 and 2 races, and i find that a little unfair. over all i find it easyer for me and new players to just use phb1 and 2. hope thats okay! Banning out hybrid characters im totally down with and had no intention of playing one. Also WotC has errated the racial stat differences you mentioned so that phb 1+2 races have the one set stat increase and a choice between two others. ( was planning on making my character via the character creator as all my books are over at my friend place) The errata can be found for free on the DnD website. Also what are your thoughts on races from the dark sun campaign setting... more specifically Muls (half dwarves)
yeah that's fine eric i just ask that you send me your character sheet when your done so i can just look over it. my campaign is a completely made up one so you can really make up anything for your back-story you want and ill integrate it into the story if i can.
what day or days are we thinking?
How does Monday nights at 10:30 pst sound to everyone?
sounds good thats what time est 130?
Yeah I believe so.
works for me.
Sounds good
scratch that it'll have to be Tuesday, before we play i need to see everyone's character sheet and talk with them. add me on skype user name-helloimdeavon
Tuesday meaning tomorrow or next week ?
for you yeah tomorrow not next week
Hey if you are looking for another player, I would love to join in. I have some experience with dnd 3.0 and pathfinder, but have all the books for 4e. The time you guys are going to play fits for me perfectly becuase I work late.. so I need a late night game (Im est, so 1am works for me) as long as sessions dont go for more than a few hours or so. I can fill in any role thats needed I dont mind, Im just not much of a party leader. :P
Hey if you are looking for another player, I would love to join in. I have some experience with dnd 3.0 and pathfinder, but have all the books for 4e. The time you guys are going to play fits for me perfectly becuase I work late.. so I need a late night game (Im est, so 1am works for me) as long as sessions dont go for more than a few hours or so. I can fill in any role thats needed I dont mind, Im just not much of a party leader. :P hey yeah i think we can fit you in go ahead and make a striker class were going to try and play tuesday i think at 10:30 pst when your done with your character send me your character sheet if you can and backstory/portrait
Ok Will try to make something up tonight or tomorrow and send it to ya.
Hey ya'll. I'd like to join you guys as well if you'll have me =P I've played 4e before, but never on roll20, and this sounds like it could be fun. I'm good with the time you guys play and I could play a Warlock. I usually play Cleric but there's already a mountainload of them, and Wwarlock would be a nice change of pace >XD
Actually I'm going to make a Sorcerer, so anyone else that wants to make a warlock is more than welcome ^_^
I will have my character done before the game, but I have some stuff to do, and things came up today.. Ill try my best to get it to ya a bit before hand. See ya at 1(10pst)!
edit: Im stoopid. games not until tomorrow. :P
hey man, i want to join. is it too late?
If a spot opens up, I would love to play. I have run a few sessions using roll20.net and have GM'ed games since 1989 (2e, 3.5 and 4.0) but haven't had the chance to experience playing a PC. The time window you proposed is perfect for my schedule and I can play any role needed. Let me know :-). Sorry, I'm late. I just started browsing the forums.
Sounds awesome! I've played a few adventures in 3.5 and 4.0 and a game or two in 2.0. I'd love to join in on this. I'm an actor by trade and so role playing is one of my favorite things about this game. I can roll any type character need to balance out the party but I would prefer something a little more tactical (i.e. Wizard, Paladin, Assassin ect.) over a simple beat 'em up guy like a Fighter or a Barbarian. The time window is a bit tricky though. The time is a bit late but the day it's on makes up for that. I'm sorry if this post is a bit late, I just started perusing the forums and saw this.
Aye broseph, let a fella in?
not gonna happen tn?
If a spot is open can i join?