Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players can't view other players/NPC's Radial Menu Bubble values

Pretty much what the title says. They can view their own tokens and character sheets, change the values without any problems, etc. But they can't view the numbers of the Radial Menu Bubbles on theother tokens. I feel pretty confident I have all the permissions set on the tokens correctly, but maybe I goofed something after all. I started to post this in the bug topic, at first, but then decided it's probably more likely that it's something I did wrong. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks for any insights you can give me. :)
Gauss
Forum Champion
Make sure the checkmarks for "see" are checked. If they are and it still isn't working please send me a join link.

Edited 1414272765
I went back and double-checked the tokens. It seems that three of the tokens (some gun and missile turrets) did not have the Aura 1 and 2 boxes for "see" checked. The rest of the tokens on the page (including all of the ones representing PC's) had all of the boxes checked. Yet, the players could not see the bubble values on any of the tokens other than the tokens specifically assigned to them. I'll send you a join link so you can take a look (and thanks very much for taking the time to do so; I appreciate it.) Edit: The tokens, turn tracker, chat-log and everything I left just as they were when I logged off at the end of the session. I don't know if that will help or not.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If a bar only has a "current" value, you need control over the token to see the value. If both "current" and "max" have a value, then anyone who can see the bar will see an appropriately colored bar (with an appropriate fill percentage), but not the specific values involved.

Edited 1414292367
Gold
Forum Champion
If Brian has uncovered the root of the issue, there is another possible way to display a numerical value on the token, that everyone can see. This can be used if you want to show the actual numerical digit, without a bar. You can use the little colored status icons, and type a number on them. EXAMPLE, click a token, click the Status Icons section of it. Turn on the blue circle (or the orange, yellow, magenta, whichever color you want). Hold your mouse over that colored circle in the status-icons-section. Type a single digit number 0-9. The number will appear in red on the colored bubble, which everyone can see if they can see the token.
Brian said: If a bar only has a "current" value, you need control over the token to see the value. If both "current" and "max" have a value, then anyone who can see the bar will see an appropriately colored bar (with an appropriate fill percentage), but not the specific values involved. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what you mean by current and max value. Are there different fields for that? If there are, I couldn't find them (unless they are not literally labeled current and max. If you go into the basic edit mode there are two different boxes by the value bars. Maybe that's what you're referring to? Gold said: If Brian has uncovered the root of the issue, there is another possible way to display a numerical value on the token, that everyone can see. This can be used if you want to show the actual numerical digit, without a bar. You can use the little colored status icons, and type a number on them. EXAMPLE, click a token, click the Status Icons section of it. Turn on the blue circle (or the orange, yellow, magenta, whichever color you want). Hold your mouse over that colored circle in the status-icons-section. Type a single digit number 0-9. The number will appear in red on the colored bubble, which everyone can see if they can see the token Thanks for the tip, Gold. I do appreciate your attempt to point me toward a work-around, but that method simply won't do for the game that I'm running.
Okay, the current value thing was the problem Brian; you were correct. Gauss was kind enough to take the time to explain it to me. Pretty embarassing, though. I am such an incompetent boob when it comes to technology. 8P