Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allowing the players to use the /desc command

/e I've used this exclusively in the past for writing macros, but I recently discovered that using that command causes the Chat UI to post your name before everything. It takes up too much space and clutters up the chat log. I want my dice rolls to be clear and precisely displayed so I can glace at the information in a split second and decipher its results. Then I started to use the /desc command. I rewrote all my macros. It did a wonderful job, All of the information was posted its clear and there is no character name or user name cluttering the whole chat log. That is when I realized that my players would press the macro, and they'd get errors. So in a nut shell: the /desc is only available to GM's. First of all I think that's kinda sad, Players should be allowed to use the /desc if they need to. It doesn't make much sense to me that they can't. Especially for games that do not use voice chat. Does anyone have advice for keeping the chat log as clean of excess clutter as possible?
Best advice I have for keeping the chat log clear is to make all your rolls inline rolls. Other than that....not a lot that can be done. I have seen a few suggestions to allow a multi-tab chat window, and things like that, but I don't really know if that would make the situation any better.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .