Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macroing Psionic Augments

I'm setting up macros for a psionic character and I'm trying to figure out how I can go about writing the macros for power augments... the character has enough power points that she can augment all her powers all day long and never run out of power so I was going to just set up the macros to augment everything to their max potential but still allow the option of not augmenting a power... I thought about trying something like this: ?{Augment? (1=true)|1}*((floor((@{casterlevel}-7)/3)*3)+1) Since some powers when fully augmented have a total cost less than my manifester level+1 I want the macro to only use the correct point cost and no extra... the thought is that it would use the rounded result the division to multiply by the number divided by to get the total number of points spent in augmenting the power and then with some powers use that result in another multiplication or division to get the augmented bonus... will this actually work?
Gauss
Forum Champion
If you are asking with using a query as a boolean switch work (0 = false, 1 = true) then yes it will work. If you are asking if it will work with the game's mechanics I'm sorry but I cannot help there. I don't know which game, version, or mechanics you are referencing.
I'm actually asking more about the equation within the boolean switch... broken down into sections.... (floor((@{casterlevel}-7)/3) the first part to get a rounded base result of the augment value... so if I had ML 20 and a power costing 7 points that gains an augment bonus for every 3 extra points spent... this would result in a rounded result of 4 rather than 4.3333~ *3) then multiply that rounded result by 3 to get the total cost for the augment... this would in theory result in 12... but thats assuming that it floors the result of the first part prior to multiplying by 3... if it doesn't then it will result in 13 causing my macro to show incorrect power costs... the last part there is where I'm questioning if it will actually work or not... basically the equation is ((Manifester Level - Initial Power Cost) / Augment Rate) rounded down * Augment Rate = Augment Cost
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, so you should have this as the formula then: Replace words with attributes/values and you should be fine. floor((Manifester Level - Initial Power Cost)/Augment Rate) * Augment Rate
so roll20s order of operations won't cause the floor() function to trigger after the multiplication?

Edited 1414384351
Gauss
Forum Champion
No, the floor will happen first before being multiplied by the second "Augment Rate".
Thats good ^-^ that's what I was hoping for. That will make setting up and using these macros a lot easier... far to much of a headache to calculate the proper augment costs in my head when playing, and since my characters psionic reserve is high enough to augment all day long I have no real reason to apply anything less than my maximum augmentation to any power I choose to augment... so having the macro calculate the correct values for me based on if I augment or don't augment is perfect.