Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Toggle radial menu with clicks (low-priority, obviously!)

It occurred to me while continuing to explore Roll20 (which, by the way, is rockin' out, even though there are some bugs/improvements here and there) that the radial menu pops out on a token move or selection, but it doesn't pop back in if you single-click on the token again. Seems like it should. Obviously a low-priority thing; just toggling the menu on clicking on the token image (not on one of the radial menu elements!)
Yeah, that should probably unpop. Thanks.
The way to do this is just to click anywhere else on the tabletop to de-select the token. I'm not sure why you would want to close the radial menu while the token is still selected.
I know how to hide the radial menu, and you make a good point that it's there to help with editing. But, I think it's worth considering some changes, even if not the one I mention in the first post. To expound, my suggestion basically arises from this sequence of events: 1. Click and drag to move a token. 2. When I select and start to drag, no radial menu pops out. All is well. 3. Releasing the token at the desired point "finishes" the click action, so the radial comes out. I think, "I was just moving it. I don't need the menu." I immediately click again on the token thinking it will unpop it, and it doesn't, and I'm thinking, "Right, just click elsewhere." But I also I think to myself, "Hm. Might be nice to just be able to toggle-pop the menu by clicking where the mouse already is." Thinking about it, the bigger quibble for me, though, is the auto-pop at the end of a movement. I've run and/or played in a lot of VTT games (roughly once a week for maybe...3 years now?) and upon reflection, I think I end up moving tokens around much more frequently than I end up editing them, even as a GM. So, the radial popping out whenever I move a token becomes a bit of visual clutter when I'm not in the "time to edit the token" mindset. Granted, it's not strictly the "editor" tool for the token either, but is also an information display, so it's not identical to things I've used in the past. It is also easily handled by clicking elsewhere, as you say. Regardless, I've found myself a little annoyed by it showing up all the time. So I guess this suggestion is shifting into: "For myself, I'd rather be able to move the token without seeing the menu, and have to click again to show it, than have it always pop at the end of a move and require a click to hide it." I expect that there will not be universal consensus on this, though! Thanks!