Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dual Light Sources

I looked for this and didn't see it. On the Edit Token/Advanced page for 'Emits Light': Could there be more than 1 option for light source? Currently, each time a character enables an alternate light source, I am going in and changing the Emit Light settings. I have had to keep a record of the original settings for when the light source is turned off/expires so I can 'reset' the tokens vision. If I could just click on 1 of multiple possible settings, this would be MUCH easier. Example: PC has a natural Low Light Vision and that sight is placed in 1 setting. An alternate light source (bullseye lantern) is carried (which allows more distance light source) is in another. Then a check box to choose which source is being currently utilized (or maybe both active since for combat - the low light would still work in all directions [situation awareness] where the bullseye only points forward)
the suggestion you are looking for is right here unless i am terribly mistaken.... <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239598/add-diff" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1239598/add-diff</a>...
I see where that is going, but is still is not addressing what I am looking for. Imagine you are standing in a warehouse at night (in reality). Street lights show in from random high windows and you can 'kind of' see around (we'll call that low-light: All players see light setting=unchecked). Now, you turn on a flashlight (All players see light setting=checked) which allows you to see really far and really well but only in 1 direction. My low-light doesn't go away. I can still see 360 around me dimly, but I have good focused light to the front. Roll20 currently offers 1 or the other for my PC. Because of game rules, the Low-Light is only seen by me and someone without it would only see dead dark (when flashlight is off), BUT all can see my flashlight (when on) within the focus beam. The light sources aren't changing my vision (per se) - I literally have 2 completely separate ways to see in the dark at the same time 'stacked'. ** I thought on this a bit last night and I remember seeing a 'carry' API somewhere. I may look into that for now and then maybe 'give' the PC a preset light source token to carry and see if that gives what I am looking for (but this means I would have to pre-create all possible light sources (1 PC uses torches / 1 uses a 360 lantern / 1 PC uses focused lantern for distance sight / etc) and then give them the one they activate and take it away when the extinguish the light). I will have to investigate this option further.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Carrying tokens v2
I use TurnMarker. Will these
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
John K. said: I use TurnMarker. Will these I would ask if there are any issues between the two scripts on the API forum.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
They should work fine together. There was an issues at one point, but I made changes to account for it.
Additional light sources in the char options would be nice! One for the physical abbility to see in dim light, one for a carried latern or flashlight.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .