Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DnD 4E Minigame Interest Check

So for Halloween I got together with some of my buddies from the campaign I'm currently running and we just had a little fun with playing DnD 4e, we did some minigames and implemented some house rules. Its basically just battles, so if you want roleplay its not going to have it. It started off as just a way for us to have fun, test some character designs out and goof off. Well it went way better than I thought and we only had 4 people. We first just played some PvP using modifed Players, then we sorta did a "CTF" game, where we had to steal a dragon egg from the opposing teams dragon and feed it to our dragon, it went really well and was a lot of fun. So my interest check is if anyone else would be interested in this as a more ongoing casual game instead of just this one time. We could have tournamets to see which player is the best or team, we could do massive battles of 5 players vs 5 players to see who is the best. I've already made 5 maps and have come up with 4 game types. The problem is I'm already running a full campaign and am busy IRL. So I wouldn't be able to dedicate a specific day each week and what not. But when I have free time (which happens) I can let you know in advance and we can set up some Minigames to play. When we do play the time would be anywhere from 7am-4pm MST We would only play DnD 4e, use skype as our voice. Let me know what you think I do have a campaign set up and the people that I played with today invited. If you have question please feel free to voice them, but we kind ^_^ If you would also like to see some of the maps I can get those for you as well.
PvP in 4e, why not just toss the title to the woodelf ranger and be done with it ?
It seems the half-orc barbarian and the eladrin wizard were the VIP's this last friday.

Edited 1414875365
Alright, I'll bite. Can I have the character making details and house rules please ? My Skype handle is the same as on here, and whenever I am home I can be reached there.

Edited 1414903558
Here is the join link, I have some forums on the campaing that go over that. I just made it so I'll be adding some other forums on there to discuss other stuff. There is a time for the game, but that is just a place holder. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/570076/N4ufmA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/570076/N4ufmA</a>
We are going to try and play this friday (nov 7) from 8am-noonish (MST) if your interested join in, make a char and test it out. even if its not for you, you don't feel like you have to stay and can just play when you have time. If you have questions feel free to ask or hop in the forum section of the campaign and ask there as well ^_^
Here are the game types I have set up so far for some of our maps for those interested. Objective: Gain the most kills, either after a time limit or to a certain number of kills. Scoring: You get 1 point for each kill and a +1 bonus for mulit-kills. Objective: Steal the opposing teams dragon eggs and feed them to your dragon. The team to consume all the enemies eggs or most eggs wins. The egg count will depend on the amount of players and the amount of time you want to play. Scoring: 1 point for each egg eaten. Objective: Take objective points and hold them, the team that holds the most wins. -Warzone scoring: Gain 1 point for each objective held at the end of the round. -Invader scoring: The first team to control all points wins. Objective: Kill the most mobs while avoiding dieing, first to a set number wins. Scoring: Minions 1 point, Standard 2 points, Elites 5 Points, Solos 10 points. If you kill another player you steal all of their accumulated points.
Still looking for a few more people to join in this friday.
We play tomorrow for anyone else interested!!!
We are playing in about 30 minutes if anyone wants to jump in last minute!