Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Images in Character Sheets

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, I should have some a little more time in the near future and so I'm planning out my character sheet. In looking at various sources on the different character sheets it looks like all the images are on imager.com. Is that what we should be doing, or is there a place and a way for character sheet images to be stored in the Roll20 sandbox so there's no reliance on a third party website?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You should be able to link to any image hosting service when adding an image to your sheet (you can probably even link to an image in your Roll20 image library, but I haven't tried). When the character sheet is rendered, the user will see a copy of the image stored on the Amazon Web Services, rather than the actual url you point to in the HTMl/CSS.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Brian - thanks for the reply. I do understand how the images work, I was just wondering if we should be using imgur or if there was some secret way to load images to a roll20 server via the github process. That way everything would remain contained within the roll20 ecosystem. Using another image hosting service runs the risk of the site going down, images being deleted for whatever reason, etc. I realize those chances are remote with imgur, but still a concern that I thought I would ask about.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No secret handshakes, I'm afraid. I do include a copy of my images in my git repo directories, but that's mroe for organizational purposes.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
That's a great idea - I'll start doing that as well. :)