Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Managing wounds automatically - repeating fields ?

tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Hello, i try to find a way to automate wounds management on my Pendragon character sheet. the basic formula is : curent Heal Points = max HP - wound1 - wound2 -wound3 ... Obviously i think to use repeating fields, by creating a new item for each wound, but it seems it's not possible even to know how much items are in the repeating field ? I have to register individually each wound, because each can be cured with first aid. I would like at least a button which calculate the current hit point by adding each wound current value with the max HP. Is it possible to do this ?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately it's not possible to sum fields from repeating sections. However, you could create a single field that you manually update with the total of all the wounds that you could then plug that one field into the formula. That's what I had to do for Encumbrance on my Savage Worlds character sheet. It's a bit kluge, but better than nothing. By creating a single field in this manner, you could also tie it to the toke via one of the bars, making it easy to update as well.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, so i think i will instead put 10 fixed wound input numbers., with 0 default value. I think there will never be more than 10 wounds, otherwise i will manage it as a special case.