Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Auto-Calculating Values as text with concatenated attributs

Edited 1415288750
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Is it possible to have Auto-Calculating values as text, with concatenated attributs values inside? something like : "my caracs are (carac1 value) and (carac2 value)"
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
When you put attributes into an autocalc field, the engine simply copies and pastes the text from the other attribute into the autocalc. If you have one attribute with the value "foo", another attribute with the value "baz", and an autocalc with the value "@{attr1} bar @{attr2}", it should come out as "foo bar baz".
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok, but with both text and numerical values, it's not so simple : (how do you write arobase character in this forum , I can't do it ! ) say attr1 = 7 , and attr2 = 9 => come out is "79", it should be "7 bar 9". I found that if i add a "/" at the begining of the formula, the result is "/7 bar 9" (all right except the / is displayed !) Now keep the "/", but with attr2 = attr1 - 3 => come out is "/ 7 bar 7-3" , i would like "7 bar 4".
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
tontione said: Now keep the "/", but with attr2 = attr1 - 3 => come out is "/ 7 bar 7-3" , i would like "7 bar 4". That will not work, unfortunately. The system doesn't calculate attributes at each step of the process.