Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Grid Map Absent, Chat Exceeds it's own scroll length, Overall Unplayable Condition

Me and a friend have been setting up a Shadowrun campaign and it has come to my attention that there are a few bugs on the virtual tabletop browser application on my end that would make our upcoming game unplayable. Here they are: 1.) The Grid Map itself does not appear on the game table, instead I am presented with a stylish wallpaper in which it is supposed to be presented layered above it. The zoom slider on the top right also does nothing, considering it has nothing to zoom. 2.) The text chat on the right has an extremely aggravating bug in which it exceeds the chatbox, making recently sent chat messages hidden behind it and the scroll bar doing the same as proof. This also means rolls will also be hidden and I can't exactly see said messages until more have been sent, and I wouldn't be able to see those either until more were to be sent, and on and on, so forth and so forth. It's VERY troubling. I have read the <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> and I want to assure you that my version of Mozzila Firefox is up to date and I am not running any extensions that I haven't already had on a week or so ago when my Roll20 Virtual Table App was originally working up to snuff. As far as I know, the user in this screenshot does not have any of these issues, so I can confirm this is a bug on my end specifically. I've also noticed that this is true for any Roll20 game as I have tested my Dungeon World test campaign room and have encountered the same results. I've also noticed that it takes a fair couple of minutes in joining a Roll20 game, when it used to only take about a second or so. Our game starts on the 14th and I'd rather not miss it due to an issue like this. I was pretty happy with Roll20 up until recently when I've been encountering this issue without a solution to repair. I would like to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks.
Commenting as the GM for that particular game, Sheepy is the ONLY person affected by this. I'm having no issues whatsoever, & my other players are able to check it all just fine. Any suggestions to fix this for Sheepy in time for the game are appreciated.
1415331819

Edited 1415331913
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Got a question but do you have an anti-virus program that has a toolbar loaded? I know you said you don't have any extensions and addons running but some people do not consider toolbars as those. It was noted a short while ago that an AV toolbar was interfering with the chat area and other aspects. Step 2 on <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> . Can you try step 3 and post step 4?
1415332008
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Was looking for this thread to support my questions and finally found it: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1294889/chat-text-showing-behind-chat-entry-box#post-1296086" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1294889/chat-text-showing-behind-chat-entry-box#post-1296086</a>
1415350336

Edited 1415350409
Not that I'm aware of, my toolbar is pretty bare bones. In a recent update to Adobe Flash Player, it installed a 'McAfee Security Scan Plus' but I have since disabled it and shows no signs of repairing my problem, and does no have a toolbar to begin with. I have cleared my cache too, still no results. I would also would like some insight on the grid issue too, do not forget. If you wish, here is the console log: 70 app.js:22 "TOUCH SUPPORTED: false" app.js:23 "USING WEBGL ACCELERATION..." app.js:23 Error: WebGL: Error during ANGLE OpenGL ES initialization app.js:23 "select" app.js:18 "Switch mode to select" app.js:18 "Initializing new dice engine with randomness..." app.js:32 "Using random entropy" app.js:32 "Compiling sheet..." app.js:34 Loading mixed (insecure) display content on a secure page " <a href="http://imgsrv.roll20.net:5100/?src=i.imgur.com/TQ8WzzX.png&quot;[Learn" rel="nofollow">http://imgsrv.roll20.net:5100/?src=i.imgur.com/TQ8WzzX.png"[Learn</a> More] jquery.min.js:2 "Finding sheet rolls..." app.js:34 Use of attributes' nodeValue attribute is deprecated. Use value instead. app.js:34 "window resize" app.js:35 "Final set zoom!" app.js:23 TypeError: a is null app.js:23 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:23 "Final page load." app.js:28 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:28 "Auth'ed." app.js:28 "Go post auth!" app.js:28 "Scan for new plays!" app.js:28 "initial setup" app.js:28 "Got players value..." app.js:28 "joining game..." app.js:28 "Full load page!" app.js:26 "We have 1 pages" app.js:28 "Player -JXienWiGf3qyA5LxJ0e is offline..." app.js:26 "Player -JXiiJBZarrm9UXlo0zs is offline..." app.js:26 "Player -JXkmJ1gHMY7D9SGwiE7 is offline..." app.js:26 "Player -J_hyajh0stkzEGrHsuk is offline..." app.js:26 TypeError: d20.decks.appendAllHands is not a function app.js:28 "Deferred finish joining..." app.js:28 "Firebase Online" app.js:22 "handle page changes" app.js:28 false app.js:28 TypeError: d20.decks.refreshDecksList is not a function app.js:28 TypeError: d20.decks.refreshDecksList is not a function app.js:27 "Do refresh link cache!" app.js:25 TypeError: d20.decks.refreshDecksList is not a function app.js:27 "init active page!" app.js:28 "activate page!" app.js:26 "FULLY ACTIVATE VIEWS FOR PAGE." app.js:26 "Search took 14ms" app.js:34 "Updating character sheet values" app.js:29 TypeError: a is null app.js:23 "Graphics: 1" app.js:26 "Paths: 0" app.js:26 "Updating character sheet values" app.js:29 "initiatlizing video chat" app.js:33 "Connecting to WebRTC" app.js:33 Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead. jquery.min.js:2 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:26 "Swapping <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/5719518/qFZKVZ0xp_coiEP27kHDew/med.jpg?14116797645" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/5719518/qFZKVZ0xp_coiEP27kHDew/med.jpg?14116797645</a> to <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/5719518/qFZKVZ0xp_coiEP27kHDew/max.jpg?14116797645" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/5719518/qFZKVZ0xp_coiEP27kHDew/max.jpg?14116797645</a> " app.js:25 "Reorder by ZORDER" app.js:26 no element found ClientEvent:1 no element found ClientEvent:1 no element found ClientEvent:1 no element found ClientEvent:1 "setting src" app.js:25 "Cols: 2 Rows: 2" app.js:21 "Took 229ms to generate cache." app.js:21 "Connected to session" app.js:33 "Someone just connected." app.js:33 "It's us?" app.js:33 no element found ClientEvent:1 Image corrupt or truncated: <a href="https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/images/newlogo-med-whitetexxt.png" rel="nofollow">https://d3clqjduf2gvxg.cloudfront.net/images/newlogo-med-whitetexxt.png</a> newlogo-med-whitetexxt.png "window resize" app.js:35 "Final set zoom!" app.js:23 "UPDATE GL SIZE!" app.js:23 TypeError: a is null
1415355763
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Firefox lately has been experiencing some problems with the various rendering on the site. It has been noted and is being looked into (that is all I know about that) but there are various recent threads. Not sure about the other either but I'm sure other mods will look into it also. Sorry that I couldn't be of more help.
1415356971

Edited 1415357025
Gauss
Forum Champion
Sheepy , could you post a screenshot of your entire browser? Sometimes we can see something in the screenshot that may be interfering. Also, can you try Chrome? I'd like to see if this is a problem limited to just Firefox on your browser.
As requested: I can also confirm that Google Chrome renders Roll20 as it should, so in the meantime I shall use that. Though I would like to use my preferred browser, I hope that you find the solution to Firefox's issue with the Roll20 Virtual Gametable in the meantime. Thank you.
Try whitelisting the roll20 pages in AdBlock.
1415375995

Edited 1415376102
After running my first major game last night, I logged on this morning to find that I am having the exact same problem. I've been using the app for over a month now, and never had this issue before. HoneyBadger, assuming your suggestion is the solution to this problem, what is whitelisting (and, for that matter, AdBlock)? Sorry for the ignorant questions. My computer skills are remedial, at best. Edit: also, I cannot exit by clicking the exit button. I have to close the tabbed window to exit the app. I will try Google Chrome to see if that solves the issue, though I prefer firefox, as well.
HoneyBadger said: Try whitelisting the roll20 pages in AdBlock. Oh sorry, I keep forgetting to do that. Unfortunately though, it does not fix my problem.
I can confirm that running in Google Chrome does resolve the issue with me, as well. Is it a complication from a Firefox Update, perhaps?
1415396958

Edited 1415396971
Gauss
Forum Champion
Jason , it could be, Firefox has been having problems with Roll20 lately. The Devs are aware of that and are looking at the problem. Sheepy , I suggest trying Chrome to see if that works for you.
1415738251

Edited 1415738529
Same problem... Doesn't work in Chrome, works in Firefox However.... my project contained a few PNG's with transparency (glass bead graphics with shadows). When I removed the objects with transparent bits, all was good in Chrome. I re-added the same pieces and it seems to be fine for now. For what it's worth, I added the transparent bits to my map on my iPad, then opened the file on my computer. That's where it all went bad for me.
It looks like I am not the only one here...
1415745519

Edited 1415745536
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Tony V. said: For what it's worth, I added the transparent bits to my map on my iPad, then opened the file on my computer. That's where it all went bad for me. There is an apparent corruption bug for graphic uploads with an apple product. It has been recommend if possible to upload with a pc while the matter is being looked into.
1415755282
Gauss
Forum Champion
Tony (and anyone else having this issue), if your image works correctly at certain zoom levels and not others then please see this thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1198854/zooming-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1198854/zooming-</a>...