Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Campaign (UTC-8, likely Saturdays 12-6, but flexible) Needs Players.

I'm an experienced GM (have been running campaigns since 1979) and I've always loved the Kingmaker campaign. I've run it once before, but unfortunately the group wasn't well suited in temperament to the style of campaign, so it eventually disbanded. I'd like to try again with players who are mature, love to RP as much as hack-n-slash (my campaigns are usually a balance of both) as well as more board-game-like elements to build up a kingdom, manage cities, nobles, and everything else in the kingdom. The Kingmaker Campaign is not a typical Pathfinder game, but I've found it to be one of the most fun I've ever GM'd, so I'd like to try it again. Currently I have room for 3, possibly 4 players. The campaign will start on the weekend of Nov 29th and I get 6 players (I have 2, possibly 3 at the moment). The day/time are not set in stone yet, but we're hoping for Saturday 12-6pm (PST, or UTC-8), though I'm usually willing to go longer if the players want to. I'd greatly prefer reliable players who can commit to a game time and be fairly consistent in showing up as I tend to plan sessions ahead of time and sometimes base the events of a session around specific characters. If this sounds like a game you'd be interested in, please let me know! -Lee
I share your passion for reliability and i'm glad to say i've very rarely been one of those players to miss sessions in my 6 years experience of playing. I enjoy RP a great deal as well but I don't let it overshadow the combat functionality of my characters, and I try to make them useful in and out of fights when I can. Overall my style is a casual enjoyment of a roleplaying game with friendly and helpful people like myself so if that sounds like an experience you'd like for your game and your players then i'd be happy to add to that for everyone involved.
Sending you a PM, Lee.
I'm interested. I thoroughly enjoy board games, role-playing, and hack-n-slash. My schedule is pretty solid for the next 8 months so I dont imagine i'd have trouble showing up to a session. Would love to join in. If there's still room send me a PM
Interested as well, I have a small bit of experience with Kingmaker, the group I played with ended up falling through, so I have a bit of knowledge of the first encounter and one of the places you can discover, but overall it's I don't really know anything about it
That group filled up FAST! thanks everyone for the interest!
Is this thread dead?
Yeah, sorry.
Hello. David (and Simone) Voltz referred me to you. I've played AD&D with Dave and friends years ago. We talked about maybe playing again. He mentioned Pathfinder and it seemed interesting. I'd like to give it a go with you if you'll have me.
Just a FYI: Lee's away for a week or so, and as a result replies are likely slow if they are there at all. I'm sure he'll catch up when he's back.
This campaign requires a certain mindset from players and so I've had some player turnover before it starts. I'm fine with that as I'm trying to get a good, solid group who will actually enjoy the campaign for what it is. At this point, I'm about to run the first session of the campaign and I currently have room for 1 or POSSIBLY 2 players. We could definitely use someone who enjoys playing a fighter. Some relevant info: 1) I will be running the campaign as a balance of RP and hack-n-slash. Characters at either end of that spectrum made at the expense of the other will probably not be valid. Realize that your characters are being selected and those doing so have specific criteria in mind. Since the campaign will evolve into the players ruling a kingdom, social skills can't be totally neglected, but at the same time, you are expected to be able to hold your own in combat as you're being hired initially as explorers. 2) I'm a little strict on what source material I allow as I've had a lot of bad experiences with OP characters from random supplements, etc. Games are zero fun for anyone when one character does all the work, so a balanced party is definitely desirable. I allow characters classes from Core and APG only. If you want to use rules from Ultimate Combat/Magic/Advanced Races/etc, talk to me first. 3) Players should have a headset with a mic. standing mic + speakers are NOT good for gaming as they cause horrendous echoes for everyone else. 4) I use google hangouts + a shared drive on google, so a gmail address is good, but not a requirement by any means. Ability to access google hangouts and a shared drive IS necessary. 5) I vastly prefer players to have Hero Lab. It makes rules arguments and character creation easy and consistent for everyone. You'll use 25-point stat-buy for your attributes. 6) Game time is currently set for weekly Saturdays from 3pm - 9pm Pacific If you are fine with those things and think you would be a good fit for this campaign, please send me a pm.
Update: I have found a player, and have 1 more possible spot left.
I would very much like to give this a shot. Should I message you a character concept (+ character sheet?) or how would I go about this?
The possible spot was because I wasn't sure if another player I'd made an offer to was going to join. Turned out they did, so the spot closed. Sorry for the confusion, I just didn't know what was going to happen.