Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Silhouette Dice Mechanics

I'd like to see support for the Silhouette / SILCore dice mechanic (a multiple six sided die dice pool wherein the highest die is the total of the roll unless more than one "6" is rolled in which case each additional "6" result adds +1 to the initial 6).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Since you're a mentor, I'll mention that it wouldn't be very hard to write a small API script that would give you the total in this fashion whenever you roll a bunch of d6.
All well and good The Aaron, but that wouldn't do very much to encourage the other GMs and players of that system to come to Roll20. I'd like to see this community continue to expand past its D&D-centric roots.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I can certainly get behind that sentiment! I am merely suggesting it as a means to alleviate any problems from the current situation. :)
Thanks, The Aaron. Is there a site or resource that you can recommend to learn the appropriate API scripting?

Edited 1415907813
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I like Javascript: the Good Parts by Douglas Crockford for learning Javascript. (Particularly if you're already familiar with programming or specifically with Javascript) The wiki has a section on using the API, and there are lots of scripts and scripters in the API forum that can be a real help. There is a very similar request there right now for a script that groups pairs. That would be almost the same as this from a programming aspect.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .