Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Global illumination => no more los restriction on firefox

tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
I have a map with dynamic lighting and global illumination turned on. All works fine on chrome, but on firefox there is no blinded area anymore. all checkboxes are checked : enabled, enforce, update on drop, restrict movement and global illumination. If i turn off global illumination, all is ok..
It looks like that is happening if there isn't anything on the screen you have control of. It should be showing 'all darkness' instead, we'll look into that.

Edited 1415822454
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Riley D. said: It looks like that is happening if there isn't anything on the screen you have control of. It should be showing 'all darkness' instead, we'll look into that. I don't think so : i have a controlled token on the map. On Chrome i see blinded areas, on firefox nothing. screenshot :
Are there any errors in your Firefox console log? I mean that bug definitely does exist right now as I was able to replicate it, but maybe something else is going on too?
Okay, so there were two bugs. One was where if you had LoS enabled along with Global Illumination, and nothing on the screen to control, you saw everything instead of darkness. The other was that there was an issue with Global Illumination and the canvas (as opposed to WebGL) renderer. Probably you were seeing the issue in Firefox because for some reason your Firefox uses the canvas renderer while your Chrome uses WebGL. Bottom line, give it a try and it should be fixed, let us know if it's still not working. Thanks!
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
It seems fixed. :)