Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API and new tracker formula options

I was reviewing the new turn tracker options and a thought came to mind, wondering if it is possible or not. First can you add an item to the tracker via the API and include a formula? Second with the API can you also attach a picture/icon to the formula enhanced tracker item? Now the third question is if you can do the first and second, would there be a way to link the value between the tracker icon and say a status icon on the token? Basically what I am thinking is having a buff/debuff tracker where a buff/debuff is associated with a specific status icon and when it is added to the tracker with the appropriate formula, the status icon on the token gets update each time the tracker item is incremented/decremented. This would give a nice visual representation both in the tracker and the token what an item represents and the number of rounds that it will remain on the individual. It looks to me like this may be possible, but not being very familiar with the API the above questions were ones I couldn't answer.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Here's my answers to your questions: • yes: see my Escalation Die script for a simple example. • not directly: custom entries do not have an image. Images are taken from the token that has a turn. • sort of: if you add a character for each status of interest, add tokens for it somewhere (statuses page?), you could add turns for those tokens in the right places to get what you're after.