Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Loosing dialog boxes size saving

Edited 1415893050
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
I tried to save some dialog boxes positioning and size, but they have strange behaviors : For the handouts boxes, the height is saved, but not the width, which goes back to the default size each time i open the box.. For the characters boxes, the first time i close and re-open the boxe, width and height are saved, but the second time i open the box, it's the width which goes back to default size ! Chrome & Firefox
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello Tontione, could you supply a screen cap or two? I would say for you to run through the <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> to make sure you don't have any addons, extensions, or Anti-Virus programs running that might be interfering also if you haven't done so yet.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
As i have exactly the same issue with Firefox and chrome, i think it's not browser dependant. I cleared cookies and cache, no change. Screenshots with character box : step 1 : open a character box and resize it. step 2 : close the box and open it again. =&gt; no change. step3 : close the box again, and open it again =&gt; height is default :
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thank you Tontione. It has been noted and is being looked into. Sorry for the inconvience.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This issue should now be resolved.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
Not really : now both handouts and characters have the same behaviour : loss of height at the second opening, as in screenshots above.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Try it now.
tontione
Pro
Sheet Author
It's ok, thanks a lot ! :)

Edited 1416383145
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I have the same issue. Latest version of Chrome installed. 39.0.2171.65 m (64-bit) win8.1 pro I also noticed that it doesn't always retain the proper tab as well. I can close it while viewing the "Character Sheet", but when I re-open it the window will show the Bio tab.

Edited 1416401164
Gauss
Forum Champion
What method are you using to re-open the character? If you are using Shift+Doubleclick on the token that defaults to opening it on the bio tab.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I was using the shift-double. The size issue happened while using either method. I will have to check if the bio issue happens when opening the journal from the sidebar. On phone now...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Yup, Shift+Dblclick opens the bio tab. Alt+dblclick opens the Attributes and Abilities tab. There is no current shortcut for the Character sheet tab.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok. Then it's probably just a size issue.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince, I haven't been able to replicate your resize issue for the example above. Can you try clearing your cache, reloading, and checking again. If it's still persisting can you give me a blow by blow on how to replicate?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sure thing. This was on the Dev btw. I did the test right after I updated chrome. I'll play with it after work and post back. I can send you a link if you want.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Vince, what probably happened was that fix wasn't deployed to Dev. It should be fixed there too now.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Roger that. I'll have a look after work. Thanks Steve.

Edited 1416443402
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
OK. It's kind of fixed. :-) It no longer makes a big jump after opening/closing it twice, but it continues to grow each time I close and reopen. It doesn't matter if I use shift-double click or from the right sidebar. Primarily the length of window increases, maybe by 10px each time. After opening and closing about 10x, the window has increased over two squares on my map. The width also increases but by a much smaller margin, maybe 0.5px each time. This is after approximately closing and opening 10x's. The window was completely inside the red box on the map when I started.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
bump
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi Vince, I've verified the problem and we're working on it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Steve.