Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[Marketplace] From the makers of Dungeon Delve I & II, I present our new set: Kingdoms

Edited 1416430938
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
I hope you guys enjoy and I can't express my appreciation to all of those that have purchased my other sets over the past year. Thank you so much and happy delving my friends! They're pretty open ended to allow you to build your Kingdom how you want. Currently the assets don't have a description tied to them due to the way the new uploading works. Give me a few days or so and I'll fill everything in to give you an idea of how to use the specific tiles. As with my other sets, I don't give a lot of presets. As a DM myself, I don't like to reuse things and I build out the individual tiles so you can import into your software of choice for editing and creation of your own masterpieces and allow for full customization within Roll20. Also included are basic interior walls and floor tiles so you can build out not only cities themselves, but individual structures. Marketplace description: The dungeon isn't the only place where great challenges await. Dangers from political plots to organized crime. Build everything from the smallest hamlet to the largest Kingdom and prepare for a delve into the darkest corners of streets and avenues or fortify for an impending siege. Kingdoms gives you complete creative control over what you build with 128 seamless tiles that range from castles and castle walls, bodies of water, houses, courts, interiors, vegetation, and much more. This set comes with 1 HUGE 57x57 (3 parts) pre-built town nestle safely behind thick stone walls. The pre-designed town will show you how the pieces snap together and to give you an idea of the control you have to build your own kingdom.
Link to Kevin's set on the marketplace
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
Ha, thanks man. I knew I forgot something.
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
Here's a few samples with what the tiles allow for In this example, I've built out at massive undressed Cityscape. I don't normally go for a scale this large for my players but they're working toward a full-on siege and I wanted to give them an open area to plan their attack routes. It also easily doubles for a city map. This is zoomed out to about 1%. This is my take on a watch tower. Pieced together from the tiles in the set. It was taken from the map above at about 50% zoom. Night time city street using Dynamic Lighting. Coupled with the candle lit street lights contained in the set, it creates a nice atmosphere :P. Screenshot taken from within Roll20. Zoom level within the application is at 80%. File resolution allows up to 200% zoom level.
It looks very nice. Are the roofs separate models or do the houses come as one piece? Also would there be different color models for the houses/roofs? It looks a little bland with everything being the same color at the moment. I am definitely interested. Been looking for some good models for my upcoming kingdom building campaign.
Kevin B.
Marketplace Creator
Patrick, thanks for the questions. The house pieces are separate tiles so you can configure and build out to your hearts desire, from the smallest to the largest. As much as I wanted to do more house models the set started to become WAY to large and I felt it would become more confusing with so many tiles. My original prototypes had 4 different styles and even a circular ones for spires and what not. It may be something I do in the future to extend upon it or crate different sets for varying fantasy cultures. If you have any experience with GIMP or Photoshop, you can mess around with the saturation of the roof tiles to produce different colors or try to overlay different textures on them. I may end up tossing my other prototypes up as a free expansion but they'll need to be cleaned up a bit and won't be so modular.
Ahh thanks and messing with the models in photoshop is actually a good idea. I'll probably pick up a set later today and try it out ;) Looking forward to seeing the other models in a future expansion.