Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ghost Script running?

DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It seems I have a ghost script I deleted running somewhere. Ive deleted, it disabled every script I have, and even waited for sandbox to time out to re-enter the game. But I still get the debug log I had of the deleted script and its effects ingame, anyone ran into this and know how to fix it?
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just noticed, it seems like everything I turn on is running 3 times, I get 3 replies from a sendChat. perhaps I got 2 'old' sandboxes stuck on?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
By script I'm assuming you mean API. What exactly is it you had this script doing and what is the bahavior you're seeing?

Edited 1416472431
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I had it doing a while loop counting objects and all was working well. Then after hitting save noticed it was still showing up in the debug. so deleted the script totally..still there, let API time out, still there in debug. I noticed I get 3 chat messages anytime I do any of the other scripts that are still enabled. BUT only 2 debug messages from the one that I deleted. Leads me to beleive I have 3 instances of the sandbox running tied to my one campaign. 2 defunct ones with the now deleted script and all the other scripts running, and the newer one with that one script deleted. Or at least the symptoms seem to point to that, as I get all expected results from my current one fine, plus 2 more for 3 total. (and its not repeats of the same info, I can do a !roll API command and it sends 3 totally different results to chat). BUT the results of the one I deleted only gives 2.. that would make sense, as the 'newer current' correct instance running doesn't have it to give.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have you cleared your cache? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#S" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues#S</a>... Sometimes that helps.

Edited 1416473132
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
its not browserside Pat :( Like I said I can do one !command that does an API random number roll, and get 3 different results sent back instantly to chat. to get 3 different javascript randomInteger() results the code has to be running 3 times on the back end. And I had 2 other people in with me as players and it was doing it to them also. Plus if it was on my end I wouldnt be getting log(something); debug text doubled in the log window for a script I deleted. API has to make that to send it to me.
Gauss
Forum Champion
William , have you tried to copy the campaign with the API bug? Check if the copy has the problem. If the copy has the problem you may need to go back to the original version of your campaign (the one you copied before you added API to your campaign).
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not yet Gauss, was going to be me last resort. Just now was able to check it, had to get some sleep, and seems to have resolved itself now. Its back to a single debug and result. perhaps I just needed to give the sandbox(s) time to totally time out and shutdown?

Edited 1416499032
Gauss
Forum Champion
Maybe? I think that the Devs would be better able to answer that. However, I am happy it is working for you now.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Since the issue seems to have resolved I'm going to close out this thread. Please let us know William if it happens to you again and we'll investigate further.