Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Show as Token Action" no longer ordered when over 10

When there are more than 10 "Show as Token action" abilities, the ordering of them is no longer preserved. ordered disordered
Gauss
Forum Champion
Please make sure that all of the Abilities have been moved from their original positions. Until they are moved around they are not 'in order'.

Edited 1416578208
? I'm not following. The abilities are ordered top to bottom only when I add more than 10 does it start to disorder them, when I uncheck "show as token action" it'll return to the default order. For Example INIT is always the first ability created but for some reason when I add more than 10, REFLEX pops up infront of INIT. Yes moving them around on the journal does change their order when <= 10 but after 10 there's some kind of jarbeled state that occurs. If I move around the abilities to scramble them then reorder them I can eventually get it to order correctly. The greater question is why it does this in the first place.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, to clarify: All Abilities must be moved around at least once. Failure to do this will result in Abilities being out of place in the Token Action bar. Example: You set up your Abilities, move them into the desired order, and then you create a new Ability. This will have the possible effect of messing up the Token Action order. Also, are you using Macros (settings tab macros) on the Token Action bar? That will also mess up the order. If you have moved all Abilities and you are not using Macros in your Token Action bar then please send me a join link and I will take a look.
I get it. It's just a real round about way of doing this. They order up linearly nicely but after 10 actions, I need to move them a bit before adding new ones seems more of a workaround rather than an actual solution. That's fine however, just the software engineer in me thinking "what?"

Edited 1416582385
Gauss
Forum Champion
After testing this may be an expression of another issue with the Abilities where the Abilities did not keep their place. You are correct that up to 10 Abilities they are automatically in order. The 11th ability appears to jumble the order. It looks like the 11th Ability displaces the 6th Ability and forces the 6th to the front of the bar. Moving the 6th around and then back seems to correct it. The 12th (and subsequent) Ability does not displace other Abilities but is put at the front of the bar. I will let the Devs know, thank you for reporting this.
There is currently no guaranteed ordering to the Token Action bar. It's not sortable, and it's not intended to necessarily be displayed the same way in all circumstances (mostly because it pulls in information from lots of different places). We're planning to fix this in a future update.