Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check: Timeline Card Game

Partly to see how it would look, I've created a card set to allow for people to play Timeline by Cheapass Games. The rules and cards are available for free on their website, so I just took the images from the PDFs and made cards in Roll20 for it. The basic premise of the game is that you're traipsing around history, scooping up resources like oil and foodstuffs where it's dirt-cheap, then running to the markets at the end of the timeline to sell 'em when they're really expensive. The gimmick here is that every time you pick up a resource, that part of the timeline shifts, changing the location of the selling points. You can look at the game here , and my version of it is here . I'm not sure if I'd run this on a schedule. I might grant GM access to other users so that they can host a game whenever.
Just wanted to give this game a quick bump. Timeline is a pretty good 'coffee break' game, and running it on a VTT means you don't have to worry about someone accidentally shifting the cards with their arm. ;)